Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
    Liked 12,387 Times in 5,345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    It was already pretty much gone long time ago, but it was gone with today's powerstage. If Neuville finishes the rally, it is hard to believe he gets less than 6 points. For his own title, he just needs to cruise through, but there is also a need to get the title for the team.
    this!

Tänak had the chance to bring the gap down under 20 points but totally missed it. I was so disappointed in that.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 279 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I think it's quite probable Tanak could be 1st or 2nd on Saturday. Who could be in front of him? I can only think of Kalle. Neuville has to cruise around. Evans, not with this weekend's speed. Fourmaux, I don't think so. Ogier? If he'll bother showing up in Japan, I don't think he'll push hard to take the title away from his buddy.
    Kalle, Elfyn (last year's winner, hasn't win any rally this year yet), Seb (has to go for manufacturers), Katsuta really solid here last year.

Maximum points you can lost in manu title finishing always 3-4 in every competition (Saturday, Sunday and PS) is 18.. If I'm calculating it well. That means, If Neuville is cruising and Toyota is faster than Tanak, its gonna be very very close.

Funfact: Tanak Evans and Neuville have the same amount of podiums (6)

Liked 332 Times in 202 Posts
    11.jpg

I made it. Old point system calculated. I only included Rally1 cars since other ones isn't important, too much work. It seems like they really hit the right solution, because almost all places are the same, only points are slighty different.

But we never know if this is relevant, because most of them probably wouldn't even push on sundays.
    Last edited by deephouse; Today at 15:56.

6. Likes: dimviii (Today),Eli (Today),focus206 (Today),ipe (Today),Rallyper (Today),timlord22 (Today)
    Liked 1,582 Times in 913 Posts
    Overall a good rally, thought that it'll be hampered by being two weeks earlier than last year (was eager to see rain), clearly, was tricky enough, glad we have it for 2025, now if the promoter (whoever that may be) please make sure we don't have 7 consecutive gravel events, because this weekend proved once again, how nice it is to see these rally cars in tarmac spec, and how close the competition could be on the black stuff.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: Morte66 (Today)
    Liked 1,703 Times in 784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Tänak had the chance to bring the gap down under 20 points but totally missed it. I was so disappointed in that.
    He was a few tenths away from the 12 points, but ended up with 4 points for Sunday in total.

He said (to Estonian media), that he did not have tires for that due to wrong tire-choice. I assume from that statement that some hards could be good.

Also, he said, that it was clear without a team message that it is important to get the points of for the manus title. He did not seem to stress or struggle with the driver's title topic.

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    He was a few tenths away from the 12 points, but ended up with 4 points for Sunday in total.

He said (to Estonian media), that he did not have tires for that due to wrong tire-choice. I assume from that statement that some hards could be good.

Also, he said, that it was clear without a team message that it is important to get the points of for the manus title. He did not seem to stress or struggle with the driver's title topic.

Yeah he basically said the aim is the teams title. Sounded like he had already forgotten the drivers title.

For everyone wondering, finnish news said that Kalle WILL NOT DRIVE IN JAPAN. He used "extra rally" in Poland so this is missing because of that. Lets see if the report is correct.

Liked 2,233 Times in 987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Yeah he basically said the aim is the teams title. Sounded like he had already forgotten the drivers title.

For everyone wondering, finnish news said that Kalle WILL NOT DRIVE IN JAPAN. He used "extra rally" in Poland so this is missing because of that. Lets see if the report is correct.
    Sounds unbeliveable..
    as being a 2x champ with Toyota and not going to Japan..

But we'll see it officially on 28th of Oct, when enterlist comes out

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Sounds unbeliveable..
    as being a 2x champ with Toyota and not going to Japan..

But we'll see it officially on 28th of Oct, when enterlist comes out

Yeah lets hope that he is there. Here is the link to yle.fi (which is finnish national broadcaster)

https://yle.fi/a/74-20119036?utm_sou...ent=ralliradio