Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Liked 166 Times in 63 Posts
    Does anyone have seen Semenuks roll? Any feedback from him? Internet seems very silent about his adventures on his first Wrc.

Liked 5,607 Times in 2,319 Posts
    Last edited by Andre Oliveira; 25th July 2024 at 14:09.

Liked 166 Times in 63 Posts
    Thanks, this might be the reason why Sesks is not doing Rome this weekend. This is SRTs car.

Liked 1,797 Times in 425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Yes bystanders, marshals, control could have done things.

But it's not such a blind corner.

Is it not unreasonable to expect the driver to either:
    i) attempt to slow down and go around the obstruction
    ii) attempt to stop despite hitting the obstruction.

Only one person made the decision to put his foot down hoping to blast through to the other side.

I have you seen onboard of this corner? when you come with that speed from that blind corner (it is lower elevation, crop is also hiding), you have ca 1 second to decide (you cannot break in the middle of corner with that speed, you just go off when doing like this).
    With deer incident, he had 0.23 seconds from view to impact, and he managed to push the break pedal already:/
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

5. Likes: Corcaíoch (27th July 2024),eib1 (29th July 2024),EstWRC (26th July 2024),flat_right (27th July 2024),manthey (27th July 2024),Rallyper (27th July 2024)
    Liked 674 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I have you seen onboard of this corner? when you come with that speed from that blind corner (it is lower elevation, crop is also hiding), you have ca 1 second to decide (you cannot break in the middle of corner with that speed, you just go off when doing like this).
    With deer incident, he had 0.23 seconds from view to impact, and he managed to push the break pedal already:/
    Great points on reactions. I'll take your word he had 1 second before hitting the arch and can react much much quicker. Disagree though that he can't brake between the apex and arch, that is nonsense. But anyway, he accellerated and waited until the arch was causing maximum damage to the car or handling before deciding to stop, there's video evidence of that.

Whether he had time to make the best decision and whether hitting the arch was avoidable was not really my point. What is, is that his own actions show he had no concern about risk or damage. That's important to the conversations that followed, and on the day whenever a camera was near where he deflected attention of all the bad decision making to the 'winos' at HQ who "should have red flagged the stage".

7. Likes: J4MIE (27th July 2024)