Page 351 of 358 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3577
    Liked 9,544 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Whatever happened to Paddon's Kona EV rally car that he was promising would have external artificial engine noise ?

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    It eventually had some kind of noise, but nothing that I (or people?) expected. Just some electric whistle/buzz.

Liked 160 Times in 61 Posts
    Richard Millener really struggled to explain the merits of having hybrid units on Rally1 cars in a chat with Dirtfish.

I got the feeling that marketing and imaging were getting in the way of their core business of selling customer cars!!!!

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/did-s...hybrid-in-wrc/

Liked 3,887 Times in 1,723 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Why do you keep repeating this when it is clearly wrong?

Current technology EVs can do the current WRC stages just fine. Refueling zones are set up completely arbitrary and have no effect on spectator experience.

At the extreme you could do 10 min charges at the end of each stage. With current gaps that would mean 4 cars charging at the same time. Lets say they charge at 360 kw which is mainstream tech today and you get 60 kwh charged. That is enough for 150 km road section minimum or a normal stage and some 50 km road section.

If you have 10 cars total in top class the charging station would need some 700 kwh capacity total, should be roughly 2-3t. So the charging station could be on a small truck, no need for trailer.

I say again why do you keep repeating that this is impossible?
    Because it is impossible and nonsense...

Liked 84 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://youtu.be/Cae2haI-zmY?feature=shared

Could you guys imagine something like this rallying before the end of this decade?
    this is like if astrology could have a physical body. it serves no porpouse other than fool desperate people haha jeez

Liked 84 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240RS View Post
    Richard Millener really struggled to explain the merits of having hybrid units on Rally1 cars in a chat with Dirtfish.

I got the feeling that marketing and imaging were getting in the way of their core business of selling customer cars!!!!

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/did-s...hybrid-in-wrc/
    i think his point could be right, on the "on technical rallies, the differences would be bigger". it'd be cool if they run one non hybrid at one of these events, but with someone like Loeb, so we coudl actually see what a good driver can do against the hy cars. but imo the general point is that, as they said, the non hy car looks awesome both live and on tv and it would cost half of the price. and if you remove those extra 100kg they would be faster. fine, it would be dangerous, so, idk, keep 50kg for safety, whatever. the last point would be: "would we have more teams and privateers?

Liked 3,873 Times in 2,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Because it is impossible and nonsense...
    When faced with numbers and real arguments this is the perfect response.

Liked 1,569 Times in 901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    this is like if astrology could have a physical body. it serves no porpouse other than fool desperate people haha jeez
    Just so we’re clear, I hope they don’t and I can’t (imagine it).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,873 Times in 2,020 Posts

Could you guys imagine something like this rallying before the end of this decade?
    Totally.

The only real issue with electric rally cars is the lack of noise, especially at low speeds. Both for "entertainment", safety and to hear what the driver is actually doing (braking/acceleration).

So sound generator dictated by rules would be mandatory. Consumer electric cars already have it for low speeds.

The only version I heard from Paddons car sounded weird. But maybe it is better live. Taycan artificial sound is quite good live for example.

The big question is whether you need to have artificial gears like that mode in Ioniq 5N. If so it could again be set in the rules.

Liked 674 Times in 369 Posts

Sure, the non-N can now so why not?

Of course, it may depend on what you accept as rallying.