Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527
Results 5,261 to 5,266 of 5266
    Liked 718 Times in 339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    MSport catching up might also mean that development at Toyota and Hyundai slowed down (cause they appear evenly matched).

If that is the case what might be the reason:
    - Waiting for the rules decision
    - Not easy to develop these cars further

Hope it's the second.
    I would think the second, the law of diminishing returns applies I suppose.
    In very simplistic terms, Toyota have been very good at producing a neutral car that gives confidence, Hyundai went from an under steering car in the ‘17 spec, to a tail happy one and MSport did the opposite, tail happy to understeer. Hyundai with their resources, and drivers have improved quite a lot in a short space of time, MSport it has taken longer due to less resource.
    I’m sure their is more nuance than that, but the way I see it, those are the broad strokes.

Liked 3,839 Times in 2,001 Posts
    Sure after a while the improvements get smaller.

But still with the previous gen cars it looked like Toyota and Hyundai always kept improving (and MSport couldn't keep up after 2019).

Might be that the lack of active center diff, freeze on engine development and lower amount of testing is actually working?

Liked 1,541 Times in 883 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sure after a while the improvements get smaller.

But still with the previous gen cars it looked like Toyota and Hyundai always kept improving (and MSport couldn't keep up after 2019).

Might be that the lack of active center diff, freeze on engine development and lower amount of testing is actually working?
    Well don’t forget Covid hampered them and while Hyundai & Toyota managed to keep up, M-Sport had a lot of their staff redundant so I’m sure that put them even further behind.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (Yesterday)
    Liked 9,462 Times in 5,047 Posts
    /\
    Thanks for all the positive comments people !

Fourmaux has certainly taken a great step this season and is almost on a par with the elite drivers (less than 0.2 sec/ km) as he states here:

https://rallyjournal.com/wrc-driver-...st-these-guys/

The Puma's speed and reliability has also been damn close to the others and there have been no complaints at all from any of the drivers (unlike Tanak last season). Even debutant Sesks was comfortable in the car and straight on good pace.

Its strange that the Team has finally been rewarded in the year when original expectations were so low. Long may it continue !

6. Likes: Jarek Z (Yesterday)
    Liked 441 Times in 235 Posts
    Mikkelsen (if he changes his mind) and Evans are pretty much the only realistic targets for M-Sport if they intend on having 2 fully competitive cars. Unless, Hyundai calls it quits and everyone is on the cards...

8. Likes: skarderud (Yesterday)
    Liked 822 Times in 391 Posts
    I think several drivers without fulltime seats or wrc2 (Mikkelsen, Lappi, Solberg, etc), or drivers that don't deliver (Evans) looks to M-sport these days for next season, depends on money for most of them?
    M-sport can run a 3 car team if someone can put in the money.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport