Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Sky TV outside UK

Since the F1, MotoGP and Cricket coverage is pretty much effed up for me where I am currently in Europe, I'm looking to get some Sky sports channels outside of UK, Googled it a bit and came across this website:

Sky Cards - Sky TV in Europe - Sky cards - Sky Decoders - UK TV

I'm looking to watch F1 next year, and hopefully some cricket as well. I don't mind paying as long as I get to watch sports with English commentary. It says if I buy that card, or the HD box, and based on whatever package I choose, I could have around 300 channels. Has anybody in Europe, outside of UK, tried anything like this? Does it work or is that website a scam?

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    No technical reason why it shouldn't work so long as you can see the satellite footprint and you have a large enough dish. Not sure what size dish you'd need in Romania, but I'm sure you could google it. In Madrid I might know people with a 1.8m dish .
    Legally they only have the airwaves license for the UK, but so long as you pay up and they are "confident" enough that you have a UK "address", I guess they don't have much interest in checking that you actually live where you're supposed to
    Any questions about Spanish PayTV in Germany I won't be able to answer either, except to say you would also get the normal channels and unbiased F1 and MotoGP coverage
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    not sure where you are, but yes, with a decent enough sized dish you can get Sky, you would need a UK adress to send the viewing card to and it to be registered to, but that should be it, not sure about the subscription channels
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I get the very same Sky programmes in Spain as I do here in Uk.I take my sky (Pace) box and card,and have to use a 1 metre dish ,with a very good LNB

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Sorry cap'n, if you're in Eastern Europe you might be fooked without a pretty massive dish
    Sky TV Reception Advice, Dish Sizes, Receive Sky Digital in Europe
    You'll have to go internet
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Since the F1, MotoGP and Cricket coverage is pretty much effed up for me where I am currently in Europe, I'm looking to get some Sky sports channels outside of UK, Googled it a bit and came across this website:

Sky Cards - Sky TV in Europe - Sky cards - Sky Decoders - UK TV

I'm looking to watch F1 next year, and hopefully some cricket as well. I don't mind paying as long as I get to watch sports with English commentary. It says if I buy that card, or the HD box, and based on whatever package I choose, I could have around 300 channels. Has anybody in Europe, outside of UK, tried anything like this? Does it work or is that website a scam?
    Get DSTV. Best satellite television coverage money can buy! I am yet to see anything better anywhere else in the world.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Satelite dish, Sky TV, Pay TV?!

There is this thing called internet, you can find everything you need on there if you know where to look and for a fair price too.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    No technical reason why it shouldn't work so long as you can see the satellite footprint and you have a large enough dish. Not sure what size dish you'd need in Romania, but I'm sure you could google it. In Madrid I might know people with a 1.8m dish .
    Legally they only have the airwaves license for the UK, but so long as you pay up and they are "confident" enough that you have a UK "address", I guess they don't have much interest in checking that you actually live where you're supposed to
    Any questions about Spanish PayTV in Germany I won't be able to answer either, except to say you would also get the normal channels and unbiased F1 and MotoGP coverage
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    not sure where you are, but yes, with a decent enough sized dish you can get Sky, you would need a UK adress to send the viewing card to and it to be registered to, but that should be it, not sure about the subscription channels
    Whoops, I spent some time reading their FAQ and sounds like a pretty pricey affair. I have one of those tiny dish antennas, but I guess it's not enough. I'd have to invest in a bigger one, something bigger than 1 meter, and probably get an engineer to come and configure the antenna with one of those location mapping thingies. I guess I'd have to stick to watching low programming quality with commentary I don't understand for now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Get DSTV. Best satellite television coverage money can buy! I am yet to see anything better anywhere else in the world.
    I don't think they let you watch that outside SA? Plus getting their card or HD box could be quite pricey. Anyway, if I really wanted to go for something like that, I'd go for Tata Sky from India. They've got a $hitload of channels, and I have their HD media box back home, I just have to get that here and get the dish antenna pointing to their coordinates and watch F1, MotoGP, WSBK, Cricket, NBA, all tennis grand slams ALL included in the package.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    I guess I'd have to stick to watching low programming quality with commentary I don't understand for now.
    As far as I remember the commentary is not worth trying to understand it.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro