Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 1,183 Times in 633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    Rally winner getting more points than everyone else no matter what happen on sunday.

One sunday classification with 6-5-4-3-2-1 would be best solution together with 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for whole rally.
    If the rally winner takes it safe on sunday he could go home with 25 points. If the number 2 wins everything on sunday he goes home with 28 points.

Winning a single stage, aka the powerstage, should yield no more than 3 points.

Liked 339 Times in 206 Posts
    Brez naslova (1).jpg

I made leaderboard with this ''new 2025 point system''. With a reference to this year point system, it doesn't change nothing in a ranking of drivers, just like 2023 (old point system). But we could benefit it better without all that confusion. They just need to show sunday standings more often and I mean separately. It's even better and easier to calculate. So clearly at least they will get something right this time. It also shows that no matter how many here cry over Neuville being lucky and all that, in all 3 cases he is up there to win the title and Tanak being second. Those who decide over that rules are hitting the right spot this time, since we got the battle to the last stage of the each event, and thankful to the last event of the sseason. I can say it loud now, that this year's season is one of the best in recent years.

I also want to refer to previous claims, that second and third places will get more, but in that leaderboard it's clear that it's not many cases with that many of you are afraid. It's more common down the leaderboard somewhere 8-10 points. So I think they will get it right this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deephouse; Today at 09:51.

3. Likes: Eli (Today),Morte66 (Today)
    Liked 596 Times in 318 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The WRC Sunday issue nowadays is with Rally.tv showing it all live, so we want to see cars going flat-out. If only the PS was shown, sometimes drivers going steady on the the other stages to ensure they finish wouldnt be an issue.

In effect it's all our fault !
    mmm, spectating live on stage after an early wake up, some km walking in a forest and waiting only to see car at slow cruising, I assure u it's pretty irritating not only on tv

5. Likes: Morte66 (Today)
    Liked 453 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Brez naslova (1).jpg

I made leaderboard with this ''new 2025 point system''. With a reference to this year point system, it doesn't change nothing in a ranking of drivers, just like 2023 (old point system). But we could benefit it better without all that confusion. They just need to show sunday standings more often and I mean separately. It's even better and easier to calculate. So clearly at least they will get something right this time. It also shows that no matter how many here cry over Neuville being lucky and all that, in all 3 cases he is up there to win the title and Tanak being second. Those who decide over that rules are hitting the right spot this time, since we got the battle to the last stage of the each event, and thankful to the last event of the sseason. I can say it loud now, that this year's season is one of the best in recent years.

I also want to refer to previous claims, that second and third places will get more, but in that leaderboard it's clear that it's not many cases with that many of you are afraid. It's more common down the leaderboard somewhere 8-10 points. So I think they will get it right this time.
    Thanks a lot! I wondered about this already. You also made the table for this year with the classic old points system right?

7. Likes: deephouse (Today)
    Liked 339 Times in 206 Posts
    Attachment 2582

Here it is, I posted this already in CER 2024 thread. But if anyone want to see it again, here it is. With also official 2024 system beside

9. Likes: becher (Today)
    Liked 1,586 Times in 916 Posts
    Brez naslova (1).jpg

Seems more reasonable, thank you for taking the time and energy and doing this table, I think I can say from all of us here we appreciate it a lot!
    Now all THEY need to do, is ensure we don’t have 7 consecutive gravel rallies in 2026, if only to mix things up a bit, also, either find a different location for the rally in Japan or move it elsewhere please. Oh almost forgot, Wales rally GB needs to be the final round, thank you, should probably put this on a wish-list lol.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

11. Likes: deephouse (Today)
    Liked 9,599 Times in 5,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    mmm, spectating live on stage after an early wake up, some km walking in a forest and waiting only to see car at slow cruising, I assure u it's pretty irritating not only on tv
    As has been said, this has been the case live for decades - if you didnt want to see cars driving just wanting to finish you had to attend stages on the first day or two.

Now with live tv WRC is competing for viewers and needs to show rallying looking super-exciting at all times. But really it's only rally fans that watch early on a Sunday morning, so it's for our benefit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brez naslova (1).jpg

I made leaderboard with this ''new 2025 point system''. With a reference to this year point system, it doesn't change nothing in a ranking of drivers, just like 2023 (old point system). But we could benefit it better without all that confusion.
    Unfortunately, you can't make a direct comparison between the old and new points system, because the drivers of course has adapted their tactics according to what applies this particular season.