Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 95 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    We get the value of rally wins back and enjoyable Sunday again.. What do you want more..
    Rally winner getting more points than everyone else no matter what happen on sunday.

One sunday classification with 6-5-4-3-2-1 would be best solution together with 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for whole rally.

2. Likes: Morte66 (Today)
    Liked 229 Times in 139 Posts
    I'm not clear whether the "5 points for Sunday" part means only 5 for the winner of Sunday, or 5-4-3-2-1 for the top five drivers over Sunday.

If it's just 5 for the fastest time on Sunday, I think that isn't enough and we'll see cruising again.

After watching the replays of last year's rally in Japan, I really don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    Rally winner getting more points than everyone else no matter what happen on sunday.

One sunday classification with 6-5-4-3-2-1 would be best solution together with 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for whole rally.
    I agree, but I suspect that commercial agreements mean they have to keep the power stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    there will still be the risk of second place outscoring first place (28 vs 25) or third place matching first place (if they manage to be quickest on Sunday).
    It seems to me... Something like this would be unavoidable if you had enough points for Sunday to stop people from cruising, which was the object of the exercise. The maths is inevitable.

At least it means an end to "Saturday medals and Sunday medals and no clear winner". And it's an end to having a points system you can't explain to normal people. And it's an end to the 60-second lead at the end of Saturday being reset to zero on Sunday. It's back to having one rally.

Personally, I can't say I really mind second place occasionally getting a couple more points. To do it, they generally have to earn it.
    Last edited by Morte66; Today at 07:08.

6. Likes: Eli (Today)
    Liked 9,599 Times in 5,133 Posts
    This revised points system sounds good and all that was needed instead of the ridiculous one used this year.

A score for the overall positions and a little extra for Sunday speed. Perfect.

Liked 1,273 Times in 693 Posts
    If the winner still doesn't get the most points, it's still a dumb system. They're tying themselves in knots all because of cruising on a Sunday.......It's part of motorsport, and always will be.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 453 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm aware and if they make that change I'll be glad about it, although there will still be the risk of second place outscoring first place (28 vs 25) or third place matching first place (if they manage to be quickest on Sunday).
    You had that sort of situation before with the powerstage (15+5=20; 18+0=18 for example) so I don't see a big issue with this.

The biggest issue with the old was not that the winner could be on 22 and third place on 24, but rather that the classification didn't give any points and we were back in a early sixties Monte with ("penalty-") points given for the covered legs.

The sport moved away from such things a long time ago and I'm pretty sure everyone agrees it was for the better.

Liked 453 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    If the winner still doesn't get the most points, it's still a dumb system. They're tying themselves in knots all because of cruising on a Sunday.......It's part of motorsport, and always will be.
    Shhh people don't want to hear anything about drivers managing a situation, they only want to claim that everyone was going flat out in the old days. Nobody was managing their tyres or fuel or car or position in the old days in any form of motorsport after all.

Liked 284 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Wow thats perfect that it was always a part of motorsport, but you are living in 2024 and everyone needs new exciting things and lot of action.. How can you entertain new fans with full day of cruising.. We have to move on and we have to accept the changes..

Liked 9,599 Times in 5,133 Posts
    The WRC Sunday issue nowadays is with Rally.tv showing it all live, so we want to see cars going flat-out. If only the PS was shown, sometimes drivers going steady on the the other stages to ensure they finish wouldnt be an issue.

In effect it's all our fault !

13. Likes: Morte66 (Today)