Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 801 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    That was a good race.
    I don't think Max pushed Lando as it looked like Max had the corner.

What a win by Charles. Will they be even better next year?
    If you get a chance to watch the footage from the overhead camera, you would see that he did not make any attempt to go around the corner with the intention of staying ontrack or giving a cars width to Norris. He intentionally ran Norris wide and clean of the track causing himself to exit the track as a consequence.
    The issue here is the very clear inconsistency of how the Stewards apply the rules. Over the sprint and main race, they were consistent in applying penalties to other drivers that caused similar outcomes that resulted in other drivers being run off-track. Max does twice in the same race and there was no action from the stewards. Makes you wonder, are they scared of Redbull or are they in Redbull's pocket?

How l see that incident was that firstly, there was fault of running a driver off the track which should have been looked at and penalized according to the rules; as was done for Russell Vs Bottas. Secondly, there was track violation by both drivers. Thirdly, overtaking while being off-track should only apply if the driver being overtaken is on track while the overtaking is happening. Where the driver being overtaken takes the fight off-track and is overtaken while he is off-track, it should be viewed as fair racing, since the driver being overtaken would be getting a double unfair advantage by racing off-track and getting the benefit of not being overtaken while off-track. A driver should not be entitled to the protection of the rules while they are committing an infraction of the rules. Simple!!!

That said, what a robust defending by Verstappen for 15 laps. This race shows that the opportunity of winning the driver's championship by Norris may slip away from Norris due to a lack of aggression while defending as we saw from Verstappen. Norris is fast but in my view not in the league of Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen. That may come in the future, but time is running out.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; Yesterday at 11:40.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,164 Times in 644 Posts
    I'll have to try and watch a replay of the move.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 801 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I'll have to try and watch a replay of the move.
    2021 all over again buddy.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare