Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe View Post
    26 i think
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: focus206 (Today)
    Liked 908 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe View Post
    26 i think
    I still can't keep in mind this year's point system. Neuville had +29 before the rally, lost 5 points on Saturday, which makes it +24... Neuville finished behind Tanak in Super Sunday, so +23, but got 2 points on PS against 0 from Tanak... so +25? I better wait for someone with the standings.

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    This is still looking good for Neuville despite his heart stopping moments he made it out of this rally in a relatively good position.

One thing is for sure , for the first time ever we will see the championship won in a Hyundai.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Ok, 25 confirmed. Tanak can still win it if Neuville retires, especially on Sunday.
    If in Japan Tanak gets 25 points and Neuville 0, who wins the title?

Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Ok, 25 confirmed. Tanak can still win it if Neuville retires, especially on Sunday.
    If in Japan Tanak gets 25 points and Neuville 0, who wins the title?
    Number of events won between the two

Liked 227 Times in 137 Posts
    Exciting rally for lots of people but strangely underwhelming for me.

It was very important and dramatic for the championships, but my R1 guy Evans was really out of that and my R2 guy Pajari was in R1. So mostly I just wanted to watch the stages.

I liked the Thursday/Friday stages, especially at night. Saturday stages were a bit meh, but the weather spiced them up in the morning. Sunday was meh as well.

Katsuta was lucky his off was harmless, and he very did well after. People will forget him approaching a corner too fast in this rally while nobody will ever forget Ogier doing it.

Pajari did fine, I think. I hope he does WRC2 again next year and doesn't get pushed into WRC1 yet, I think it's too early.

Quote Originally Posted by AE1WRC View Post
    Number of events won between the two
    So far, 2 wins each, so if Tanak gets the +25 points over Neuville by winning overall, he'll be champion.
    If Neuville retires in Japan, it doesn't seem impossible for Tanak to get 25 points somehow, he certainly has the pace as shown this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    So far, 2 wins each, so if Tanak gets the +25 points over Neuville by winning overall, he'll be champion.
    If Neuville retires in Japan, it doesn't seem impossible for Tanak to get 25 points somehow, he certainly has the pace as shown this weekend.
    Let's see what happens. We have to also take into the consideration that Kalle (most likely) will enter Japan so he will also spice things up regarding the positions. Neuville still has the edge given his speed in Japan over Ott. However Ott really surprised me this weekend that he can really do good things on Tarmac with Hyundai

Liked 1,582 Times in 913 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AE1WRC View Post
    Let's see what happens. We have to also take into the consideration that Kalle (most likely) will enter Japan so he will also spice things up regarding the positions. Neuville still has the edge given his speed in Japan over Ott. However Ott really surprised me this weekend that he can really do good things on Tarmac with Hyundai
    It’s his first Tarmac win since Ypres 2022, and now equaling Thierry for the number of wins, another trivia detail, Ott has now won the same events Thierry won last year, Sardegna & Central European Rally.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,182 Times in 633 Posts
    neuville can basically cruise the whole rally in japan. he only needs to be 6th on saturday and get to the finish on sunday.