Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Liked 449 Times in 246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    But the car balance is designed for the weight so it cant just be removed.
    Things can be changed and adjusted you know? A car is not a fixed block of metal.

Liked 9,592 Times in 5,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Things can be changed and adjusted you know? A car is not a fixed block of metal.
    It's not that easy, hence why the ballast is used currently.

Liked 2,224 Times in 981 Posts
    The extra 100kw give something, but not a whole lot as it can only be deployed for very short bursts.

Remove the 100kw strong MGU, don't fit ballast in place of it and you have a faster car immediately.
    The whole car is desinged for that duracell.. 3rd year going and Hyundai hasn't managed to get the car good, because it was wrong from the beginning.
    Rally1 needs that extra 100kg there in the back of the car..

Liked 318 Times in 197 Posts
    What if they know the car would be faster and then they put ballast in it to handicap it a little bit to show that it's worst without HyUnit. What a story would that be to the green people and PR at FIA if a non-hybrid car would beat hybrid ones by seconds. Theyy would be so embarassed.

Liked 703 Times in 384 Posts
    What cannot be denied is that people often claim Loeb, Neuville, Rossel or Ogier (recently also with Fourmaux) are arrogant.
    Point me to a person who has ever said that Loeb is arrogant? Loeb is the humblest and most down-to-earth driver of recent years, I can't even begin to describe what calling him arrogant is.

6. Likes: dimviii (Today),satnav (Today)
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    What if they know the car would be faster and then they put ballast in it to handicap it a little bit to show that it's worst without HyUnit. What a story would that be to the green people and PR at FIA if a non-hybrid car would beat hybrid ones by seconds. Theyy would be so embarassed.
    Remember what Sesks did in Latvia?

Yes but he have ballasted car. I'm thinking if the thing was taken out completely and not replaced by any non necessary bricks or weights. We all know it would be really bad to the whole picture (I mean to those who really push that stupid technology) if the car without ballast and hybrid would be up there or even faster.

What I'm thinkg also is, I think that that hybrid burts are taking some concentration from drivers, that's why some of them are still struggling to adapt to them. They are just focusing too much to deploy them at the perfect time and then mistakes came.
    Last edited by deephouse; Today at 13:57.

We don't need to make scientific tests to prove that water is wet. If car with ballast can be fast, then one without ballast will be faster still (provided that weight distribution issue noted earlier is solved). So what is your point here or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    We don't need to make scientific tests to prove that water is wet. If car with ballast can be fast, then one without ballast will be faster still (provided that weight distribution issue noted earlier is solved). So what is your point here or did I miss something?
    Justify that this technology is useless as many of people already knew that, and I think that teams also and those ones who want that thing being part of rallying.

And of course annoy you :P

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    And of course annoy you :P
    The current sad state of WRC annoys me much more than you or somewhat pointless hybrid discussion ever will. And I did note the sarcasm there.

12. Likes: deephouse (Today)