Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Liked 9,588 Times in 5,124 Posts
    Cave ready to retain Cambrian crown !

Welsh rally ace Tom Cave will return to the sport exactly 12 months after securing victory at the Visit Conwy Cambrian Rally in 2023, in a bid to defend his win.

“We certainly had to return to defend our Cambrian win from 2023, and it’s a nice bonus that we can show our pace against the BRC front runners. I’m excited to have Dale [Furniss, co-driver] back alongside me to be back in the Melvyn Evans Motorsport team again. Their professional set up and outlook aligns perfectly with my partner’s expectations.”

I`m very excited to be back behind the wheel of the Polo, it’s easily the best car I’ve driven on gravel in the Rally2 format and it’s still at the top in terms of competitiveness at a national level. We have a pre-event test planned to get re-acquainted with the Polo and Pirelli tyres, but we are going out there to show our pace and fight at the sharp end of British rallying. I can't wait for the challenge that brings; it’s been a while.”

Cave is supported by: The Joker, Go Fetch Ltd, Thorne Wines Limited, HN Nuttall Food Services Ltd, GF Grigg Construction Ltd, Pirelli, Tom Cave Racing Ltd, Melvyn Evans Motorsport, Atech

Liked 411 Times in 257 Posts
    Is anyone planning on going to the Anglo Caledonian? I’m going to try two stages on the Saturday, but as I’ve never been up that way I don’t know where are good viewing opportunities/what forests are a pain the arse to get to!

Each days’ route info:

http://files.freethought.website/fre....4saturday.pdf

http://files.freethought.website/fre...e1.4sunday.pdf

3. Likes: AndyRAC (Today)
    Liked 58 Times in 28 Posts
    I'm thinking about it, will see how good the entry list is closer to the time.

Ash Park and Kershope are across the road from each other, not too bad to get to, but it is pretty remote around there.

Haven't done Buck Fell before, but as I understand it, the Gowanburn stage is very similar to the Mount Common stage from the RAC last year with a couple of new miles at the start. Was very easy to get to last year, as the spectator area was next to Kielder Village.

If I end up going I think I'll do Kershope and Gowanburn, but will wait for the stage maps/spectator info.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (Today)
    Liked 411 Times in 257 Posts
    If it’s similar to last year’s RAC the series of 90 degree right handers about 1.6km from the end of Kershope made for good viewing from what I remember:

https://www.rally-maps.com/Roger-Alb...-2023/Kershope

So Gowanburn is what used to be known as Falstone, I will just take a punt on where the organisers direct us to. Or maybe Kershope 1 and Buck Fell 1 depending on time…

Liked 1,273 Times in 693 Posts
    I went to Ash Park on the 2000 Pirelli, which was run about 8 o'clock in the morning; Kershope was run mid afternoon, when Jarmo Kytolehto suffered a puncture on the stage, costing him the win.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???