Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Liked 112 Times in 51 Posts
    MS-RT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    Situation pretty clear in WRC-2 now

- If Pajari wins in Japan, he clinches the title
    - If Rossel doesn’t win in CER and Pajari does 2nd in Japan, Pajari clinches the title
    - If Rossel wins in CER and Pajari doesn’t win in Japan, Rossel clinches the title
    - every other result would give the title to Solberg

Only thing that could change the situation is Rossel withdrawing from CER to fight directly with Pajari in Japan but I don’t think it’ll occur.

Question mark about which level of competition will be in Japan… should be very weak but Citroen (Gryazin would still have one event remaining) or, less probably, Toksport/Skoda could bring someone depending on the result in CER.
    As far as I understand the regulations a 2nd place in Japan is also enough for Pajari to clinch the title, even if Rossel wins CER.
    Assuming exactly this happens, both would have 3x1st, 2x2nd, 1x3rd place making up for 126 points from 6 point scoring events. Rossels 5th place in Portugal wouldn't be considered at all. Pajari would win the championship because he has beaten Rossel twice with wins in Sardegna and Acropolis in his 3 events where he was directly battling Rossel.

I.e. if Rossel wins CER he most probably needs Gryazin and Greensmith beating Pajari in Japan or more likely Pajari to get problems or crash.