Liked 718 Times in 504 Posts

Just for Bagwan, drivers who might not belong in F1

https://jalopnik.com/talentless-bill...ely-1851563737

What say you Bagwan?

A bit harsh no doubt, as I think Stroll might still have a drive on a team without his father involved. Though he certainly isn't one of the sports top talents, he's better than some on the current grid. And being paired up with Alonso is tough for anyone, as he's a driver rarely beaten by the closest of margins even in equal machinery. So for Lance.... I give a maybe.

Right now the only driver I would say for certain that doesn't belong in a seat is Sargeant. He's just not making progress, even if in a backmarker car. At some point most start getting it right, but for now it's not Logan.

Zhou is hard to measure really. Once again in a backmarker car and up against Bottas, neither of them have any points this year. But I think Zhou at least has some potential, and at times has had decent races considering the car.

Ocon is out at Alpine, and I really don't expect him to get a seat mostly likely. Though he's not a terrible racer really, he seems to have an attitude on par with the best of the best, and no skillset to match. He seems to get in his own head and see the red mist around any teammate, and that's not a good thing for an F1 driver.

And as much as I hate to mention it, Danny Ric is walking a fine line at the moment. He seems to be gaining some momentum against Yuki and driving better, but right now with less than half the points as Yuki there might be better options.

As I said, I'm still on the fence with Lance. What does everyone else think?

Liked 801 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    https://jalopnik.com/talentless-bill...ely-1851563737

What say you Bagwan?

A bit harsh no doubt, as I think Stroll might still have a drive on a team without his father involved. Though he certainly isn't one of the sports top talents, he's better than some on the current grid. And being paired up with Alonso is tough for anyone, as he's a driver rarely beaten by the closest of margins even in equal machinery. So for Lance.... I give a maybe.

Right now the only driver I would say for certain that doesn't belong in a seat is Sargeant. He's just not making progress, even if in a backmarker car. At some point most start getting it right, but for now it's not Logan.

Zhou is hard to measure really. Once again in a backmarker car and up against Bottas, neither of them have any points this year. But I think Zhou at least has some potential, and at times has had decent races considering the car.

Ocon is out at Alpine, and I really don't expect him to get a seat mostly likely. Though he's not a terrible racer really, he seems to have an attitude on par with the best of the best, and no skillset to match. He seems to get in his own head and see the red mist around any teammate, and that's not a good thing for an F1 driver.

And as much as I hate to mention it, Danny Ric is walking a fine line at the moment. He seems to be gaining some momentum against Yuki and driving better, but right now with less than half the points as Yuki there might be better options.

Well , Air , to start with , I think there are a couple of reasons that Lance is still there .
    First , he's the kid .
    And second , he's , according to Fred , a guy who's sensitive to , and able to pin point issues to solve in the set-up of the car . Alonso says he's making the car faster and easier to drive , and while this might not quite sound like a very valid reasoning after this last update on the car , Lance is pointed to as valuable by a legend .

On a similar basis , although maybe not legendary , Yuki has said the badger has been a great asset in set-up and mentoring departments at the same time as bringing the fun character .
    He hasn't scored as much as wanted , but it sounds as though he's been an asset that has helped the team up to the score they do have .

I've never been an Ocon fan . He's a disruptive little turd .

Zhou and Bottas are invisible , and I haven't much on the team dynamics , but the car isn't there , so it's hard to judge .

And , even Logan is hard to quantify completely when you hear he hasn't run the equal spec to Albon for most of the season .
    It's gotta be hard to see the other driver moving up with equipment you don't have , and then , when you do get the update , he moves on again , always a step ahead .
    The poor guy seems to be out of his depth , but behind an eight-ball .

3. Likes: airshifter (2nd July 2024)
    I mostly thought you might enjoy the article title, you have to admit they were fairly creative in attempts to hate on Lance!

As for Alonso's comments... you know at first I thought it was just keeping Lawrence happy, as nobody wants to anger a team owner. But not being one to bite his tongue often, he would have probably slipped by now if that was the case. Maybe his opinion would change if Lance was any consistent challenge to him, but being who he is that is rare.

5. Likes: Bagwan (3rd July 2024)
    Liked 1,162 Times in 642 Posts
    Just for Bagwan, drivers who might not belong in F1....

...All the ones they choose for FGP.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

7. Likes: Bagwan (3rd July 2024),Steve Boyd (3rd July 2024)
    Liked 801 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Just for Bagwan, drivers who might not belong in F1....

...All the ones they choose for FGP.
    You know you're risking cookies , don't you ?

9. Likes: Steve Boyd (4th July 2024)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    https://zumbaliciouscrew.com/en/zumba-on-demand/

What say you Bagwan?

It sounds like you're dissecting the current Formula 1 grid and debating which drivers truly belong at the highest level of motorsport. Let's break it down a bit:

Regarding Lance Stroll, it's true that having his father, Lawrence Stroll, heavily invested in the Aston Martin team has certainly kept him in the sport longer than many drivers would have lasted under similar performances. But to be fair, while Stroll has shown moments of brilliance (like podium finishes), consistency isn't his strong suit. Pairing him up with a veteran like Fernando Alonso definitely highlights his weaknesses, but it's Alonso we're talking about—a driver who challenges even the best in the sport. Stroll still has value, but the conversation around whether he truly deserves a seat without familial ties is valid.

For Logan Sargeant, it's hard to argue against the points you're making. At this level, showing improvement is essential, and while being in a backmarker car like Williams doesn't offer much hope for podiums, we've seen rookies in the past make enough waves to justify their place. Sargeant hasn't quite done that yet, and patience is wearing thin.

Zhou Guanyu is indeed a bit of an enigma. Being paired with a seasoned driver like Valtteri Bottas makes his performance hard to judge. Bottas' experience sets a high benchmark, and Zhou is learning in a car that's not exactly competitive. He has shown glimpses of potential, and given more time and a better car, he might prove to be a solid mid-field driver.

With Esteban Ocon, I get where you're coming from. He's a bit of a wild card—he’s talented but inconsistent. The fact that he doesn’t mesh well with teammates (as we saw in his clashes with Sergio Perez and recently Pierre Gasly) could be his downfall. His temperament sometimes overshadows his talent, and in a sport where mental fortitude is key, that could be his undoing.

As for Daniel Ricciardo, it's a tricky situation. He's a fan favorite, and there’s no denying his talent and experience, but results have to speak louder. If he can't consistently outperform Yuki Tsunoda, the Red Bull program might look at other options (like Liam Lawson) for the future. It's hard to see him walking away from the sport completely just yet, but 2024 might be make-or-break.

In conclusion, Lance Stroll's place in F1 might be tenuous without his father's influence, but he's not the weakest link in the chain. It’s Sargeant who seems to be the most likely to lose his seat unless something changes quickly. And for Ricciardo, the clock is ticking. As always, Formula 1 is a cutthroat sport where only the best and most consistent survive, and with young talents knocking on the door, every mistake counts.

What’s the consensus—will Stroll’s seat continue to be safe, or is it time for a shakeup?

Liked 343 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara25 View Post
    It sounds like you're dissecting the current Formula 1 grid and debating which drivers truly belong at the highest level of motorsport. Let's break it down a bit:

Regarding Lance Stroll, it's true that having his father, Lawrence Stroll, heavily invested in the Aston Martin team has certainly kept him in the sport longer than many drivers would have lasted under similar performances. But to be fair, while Stroll has shown moments of brilliance (like podium finishes), consistency isn't his strong suit. Pairing him up with a veteran like Fernando Alonso definitely highlights his weaknesses, but it's Alonso we're talking about—a driver who challenges even the best in the sport. Stroll still has value, but the conversation around whether he truly deserves a seat without familial ties is valid.

For Logan Sargeant, it's hard to argue against the points you're making. At this level, showing improvement is essential, and while being in a backmarker car like Williams doesn't offer much hope for podiums, we've seen rookies in the past make enough waves to justify their place. Sargeant hasn't quite done that yet, and patience is wearing thin.

Zhou Guanyu is indeed a bit of an enigma. Being paired with a seasoned driver like Valtteri Bottas makes his performance hard to judge. Bottas' experience sets a high benchmark, and Zhou is learning in a car that's not exactly competitive. He has shown glimpses of potential, and given more time and a better car, he might prove to be a solid mid-field driver.

With Esteban Ocon, I get where you're coming from. He's a bit of a wild card—he’s talented but inconsistent. The fact that he doesn’t mesh well with teammates (as we saw in his clashes with Sergio Perez and recently Pierre Gasly) could be his downfall. His temperament sometimes overshadows his talent, and in a sport where mental fortitude is key, that could be his undoing.

As for Daniel Ricciardo, it's a tricky situation. He's a fan favorite, and there’s no denying his talent and experience, but results have to speak louder. If he can't consistently outperform Yuki Tsunoda, the Red Bull program might look at other options (like Liam Lawson) for the future. It's hard to see him walking away from the sport completely just yet, but 2024 might be make-or-break.

In conclusion, Lance Stroll's place in F1 might be tenuous without his father's influence, but he's not the weakest link in the chain. It’s Sargeant who seems to be the most likely to lose his seat unless something changes quickly. And for Ricciardo, the clock is ticking. As always, Formula 1 is a cutthroat sport where only the best and most consistent survive, and with young talents knocking on the door, every mistake counts.

What’s the consensus—will Stroll’s seat continue to be safe, or is it time for a shakeup?
    Clearly this AI chatbot is a week or two behind the news!

Liked 190 Times in 154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Clearly this AI chatbot is a week or two behind the news!
    It was a funny read...wonder what brings a chatbot into this chat room?

The effort to place a spam link is real!