Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Liked 3,880 Times in 2,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    It would be a very strong line-up for Hyundai, but Toyota can't let it happen..

And what about Solberg? No information about him at all..
    I believe that he has some contract signed, because there is 0 point to continue in wrc2 next season.

He still has no good result on tarmac and only two starts this year (Monte and now CER, both outside of WRC2 points). Easier (and cheaper?) to learn tarmac in Rally2.
    That said neither has Pajari.

Still, Imo this kind of excludes both from full time point-scoring seat at Toyota or Hyundai next year.

Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts
    Regarding Evans to Hyundai would be as stupid as Adrien to Hyundai too. Both would go from very good to worse. Since Hyundai situation very unlikely to continue, they could end up being left in the dust. I think it's time to Seb to realize it's time to go. He is young for other series and what challenge still he wants after 8th titles, rather than his big ego. As great as he think he is, he should be great enough to make way and call it a day. He still could take some important roll in a team and get good paycheck. And Evans think could actualy pull off great season if there will not be constant threat from 2 world champions.

While Solberg could actualy be good for Hyundai's third driver. And I'm asking for the tarmac good results... Is everyone else any better? The experience should get from Rally1 car too, not just second tier car. We fans and the world think that everyone with learning in a top category should instantly bring great results, but remember that everyone needs to learn and many get many chances. Even all those who are on the grid right now have ups and downs. Look how many chances did everyone got.

As his contract (Solberg of course). What if (potentialy spoken), Skoda enter the big league and being already in a team amd doing great for them could be his best ticket to glory. That would be harder if you would be some kind already contracted elsewhere, especialy somewhere where there is clear number 1-2 drivers, wdc's, brand's nationality drivers... I look it like that, if they will intend to enter it's better to wait a year or two right where he is and this is the right way to do it that way.