Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 86 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Hayden Paddon on Spin, The Rally Pod discusses how rallying should change:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/paddo...hould-improve/

The big choice of direction will be going for more manufacturers, or more privateers...
    they should go for both. make R5s the top class, so privateers cant still enter those cars up until 2030 or whatever - but start building the next gen right now, to start in 2027: get a provider to build a spec tube framed car with a generic body design (ice, synth fuel) so these cheaper* cars will start to replace R5s but with time for all the privateers and teams, even in national championships.
    at the same time, if manufacturers want to compete, they gotta build R5s on hybrid or ev or hydrogen. both the spec car for privateers and the factory teams build on "small crossover" body-segment visuals (like the Puma but with less aero parts, make it simpler, smaller rear wing), and allow manufacuters that are not participating with a full factory team to support other teams/drivers by being allowed to just run a front grill / head light design into the spec car bodykit! (i imagine ralliart running a pair of these spec cars with mitsubishi logos and front grill, for example. its cheap and its theorically more or less on the same power of the factory teams, since they are all 'R5 Level")
    done! privateers will still be able to get good results based on road order and locals knoweledge of the stages. of course there would have to be some measurement to make it cheap and have factory and privateers MORE OR LESS on same power, like weight/power ratio stuff or some other technically stuff i have no idea, but it is an idea...
    no?
    Last edited by saco0o; Today at 02:34.

Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts

3. Likes: manthey (Today)
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts

Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
    And yet still don't get it. That man is spinning in a infinite circle.

Liked 86 Times in 55 Posts
    "The next set of WRC regulations, streamlined for 2027, are set to leave propulsion options open to manufacturers, so there will be no requirement to run a hybrid unit."
    Reid: "The automotive industry hasn’t kind of worked out where it’s going and we feel the best option is to have something that, you know, a manufacturer can come along and they have the freedom to adopt what they want. So I think for me that’s very positive,”.

WHAT? did i missed the news where they announced this?
    (im still not confident this will atract manufacturers, tbh)