Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Liked 1,273 Times in 693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Neuville may jump to IMSA or WEC. He's already done some circuit racing in the TCRs, so if Hyundai intends to carry him over, it will probably happen.
    That's a big call, and would be interesting to see. However, it's unlikely he has the experience/ speed for that........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 455 Times in 245 Posts
    In IMSA, he can definitely hold his own. A good percentage of the grid is either Serderidis type of guys or Matthew Wilson's level of drivers. WEC is more difficult, especially if Genesis wants to be competitive straight away.

Liked 9,554 Times in 5,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post

Mikkelsen preferred a partial programme with Hyundai over a full season with M-Sport, and Suninen deemed it too expensive, so no.
    Their loss not M-Sport's, as Fourmaux has proved. I doubt either would've done any better than him.

Liked 9,554 Times in 5,102 Posts

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Their loss not M-Sport's, as Fourmaux has proved. I doubt either would've done any better than him.
    Their loss, not M-Sport's?

- M-Sport approached them
    - They turned them down
    - Had to only field 2 cars, one is Gregoire Munster, so effectively one car
    - Somehow it's the other driver's who lost.

M-Sport could have had a lineup with two competitive drivers, with one of them partnering up with Fourmaux, but instead they have Munster as a second driver. Come on now...

6. Likes: Corcaíoch (Yesterday),skarderud (Yesterday)
    Liked 2,205 Times in 972 Posts
    I doubt Wilson offered something to Suninen.. as how he left the team and commented them some years ago..
    Said only negative things..

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (Today)
    Liked 140 Times in 63 Posts
    Sesks is in a very good position at the moment - He has a great personality, good speaker, it is interesting to watch him telling about stages. He just appeared in a right place in right time. Everybody is talking about him and out of nowhere he appeared on WRC stage. The good thing is that he actually also has speed, at least on fast gravel and I believe also on snow. I Think it is highly likely, that we will see Sesks in M-Sport in 2025. I would guess - all European events - Rally1 on fast gravel and snow, Rally2 on tarmac for learning.

Liked 1,837 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    In IMSA, he can definitely hold his own. A good percentage of the grid is either Serderidis type of guys or Matthew Wilson's level of drivers. WEC is more difficult, especially if Genesis wants to be competitive straight away.
    No way he can drive a LMDh competitively in either series based on a bit of circuit racing in touring cars. Also saying that IMSA GTP drivers are Serderidis or Wilson level is completely wrong. Almost all of them have extensive single seater and sports car experience. Unless Neuville does at least a test in an LMP2 and shows he can be competitive I would in fact expect him to be the Serderidis level driver compared to the others. There is close to 0 chance of him getting a Genesis drive.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (Today)
    Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts
    Even Seb tried some endurance racing with his pedigree, but failed straight away. How Neuville could do it?

13. Likes: AndyRAC (Today)
    Liked 1,273 Times in 693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Even Seb tried some endurance racing with his pedigree, but failed straight away. How Neuville could do it?
    He was pretty ordinary; he wasn't particularly fast, and was making mistakes. He soon realised it wasn't going to get him a Toyota Hypercar drive, and called it quits. It's a different skill set, and there's the issue of sharing a car with other drivers - and trying to reach a set up that suits them all. It's like when racing drivers struggle with making, and driving to pace notes....

Not all drivers are like Loeb, who was pretty good in the Pescarolo, and would have got better with more outings. McRae wasn't bad in the Prodrive-Ferrari either.

I'm all for athletes trying other disciplines, and I'd like to see Neuville have a go, but I can't imagine he'd be troubling the top guys.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

15. Likes: focus206 (Today)