Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts
    Lindholm was testing a Hyundai Rally1
    https://rallyjournal.com/emil-lindho...is-rally1-car/

good. if we could get sesks in msport, pajari in toyota, lindholm in hyundai, that would be really good for 2025.
    toyota and hyundai planing to run 3 full timers each PLUS the wild card entries here and there.

and msport now is saying that "costs are not the problem". WELL, THEN GET A 3rd FULL TIME ENTRY TOO
    if its Solberg, then its perfect!

Liked 303 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigen View Post
    M sport tried to get Olvier Solberg too, but he opted to go for one more year with Skoda try to be wrc 2 champion
    I bet that after this year's car performance and durability, all who rejected their offer are banging their heads in the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    Funny he said the car isn't good against the competition in WRC2. They just didn't hit the spot with choosing the right drivers. Paddon and Meeke, and I bet the title mountain would be shaking in all directions.
    Last edited by deephouse; 16th September 2024 at 18:19.

Liked 3,876 Times in 2,023 Posts

good. if we could get sesks in msport, pajari in toyota, lindholm in hyundai, that would be really good for 2025.
    toyota and hyundai planing to run 3 full timers each PLUS the wild card entries here and there.

and msport now is saying that "costs are not the problem". WELL, THEN GET A 3rd FULL TIME ENTRY TOO
    If you actually read the article Lindholm was just making sure newly build cars work.

On a realistic note while Sesks did show good pace on his favorite rallies, he is nowhere near top of Rally2 on tarmac, so full time at this point is a bit of a stretch. Similarly Lindholm has basically won two rallies in total in his WRC2/Rally2 carrier.

Solberg got stable on gravel recently so he could do well on gravel. Avoiding tarmac just about all year (did Monte out of classification)

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I bet that after this year's car performance and durability, all who rejected their offer are banging their heads in the wall.
    Maybe. But at the time where seats were getting decided the cars of Tanak and Loubet were falling apart already after one shakedown run and Tanak claimed after every rally that he he no chance to fight with Toyota/Hyundai.
    So it looked like completely foolish idea to join Msport.

I am still not quite sold on their performance either. Fourmaux is mostly getting lots of positions and results by road position+others crashing. Reliabilty is indeed much better though.

4. Likes: meh (17th September 2024)
    Liked 720 Times in 341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    If you actually read the article Lindholm was just making sure newly build cars work.

On a realistic note while Sesks did show good pace on his favorite rallies, he is nowhere near top of Rally2 on tarmac, so full time at this point is a bit of a stretch. Similarly Lindholm has basically won two rallies in total in his WRC2/Rally2 carrier.

Solberg got stable on gravel recently so he could do well on gravel. Avoiding tarmac just about all year (did Monte out of classification)

Maybe. But at the time where seats were getting decided the cars of Tanak and Loubet were falling apart already after one shakedown run and Tanak claimed after every rally that he he no chance to fight with Toyota/Hyundai.
    So it looked like completely foolish idea to join Msport.

I am still not quite sold on their performance either. Fourmaux is mostly getting lots of positions and results by road position+others crashing. Reliabilty is indeed much better though.
    I agree that I don’t think the car is quite there with the others, it’s clearly improved in reliability and handling balance, but I think the engine still misses a bit and the suspension is not the best. It looks to me like it doesn’t control the mass of the car as well as the others and it lands like a turd off jumps etc.
    Clearly I am just a bloke watching from the outside, so could be completely wrong, but that’s the impression I get.

Liked 437 Times in 237 Posts

The cost of the car, not the cost of running it.

Liked 9,554 Times in 5,102 Posts
    Neuville says the decline of the WRC means there was nowhere else for him to go. He also mentions the possibility of a part-time programme in the future...

https://rallyjournal.com/harsh-words...-state-of-wrc/

Liked 9,554 Times in 5,102 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dimitris;1352393]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

He had to bring his own sponsors etc, M-Sport wanted him to finance his drive most likely.
    In other words the same situation that it's been for years for non-elite drivers. Saying M-Sport failed to sign Suninen or Mikkelsen isnt right, it was the drivers who failed to provide the required funding.

Liked 455 Times in 245 Posts
    Neuville may jump to IMSA or WEC. He's already done some circuit racing in the TCRs, so if Hyundai intends to carry him over, it will probably happen.

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    [QUOTE=Fast Eddie WRC;1352419]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post

In other words the same situation that it's been for years for non-elite drivers. Saying M-Sport failed to sign Suninen or Mikkelsen isnt right, it was the drivers who failed to provide the required funding.

Mikkelsen preferred a partial programme with Hyundai over a full season with M-Sport, and Suninen deemed it too expensive, so no.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Fourmaux has the speed this year,watching the full onboard from Acropolis powerstage this year was quite scary.