Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294
Results 2,931 to 2,934 of 2934

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 86 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    saw some people on fb talking about how os hyundai going from wrc to wec because "nobody watches wec". someone suggested "go check number of views on the official highlights from both series". man, wrc has around 90k per day, wec have up to 300k and even +400k on a full race at spa. i also thought wec was smaller. what a shock. last two years they also have decent numbers tbh.
    Before I got rally.tv, I mostly check highlights on redbull.tv than on youtube. Not sure if it's that good comparision. Also WRC has twice as many rounds as WEC.

WRC youtube channel has more subscibers than WEC.

Looking at reddit, WRC is smaller than WEC, looking at instagram, WRC is bigger than WEC. It's quite hard to say.

At the end of day, WRC has potential to gain new fans and manus, similarly as WEC is doing that. If they will be able to realize that potential in next few years, is different question.
    Last edited by Backa; 13th September 2024 at 15:32.

2. Likes: deephouse (13th September 2024)
    Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts
    this is weird... "hyundai will rumored to be run by american team chip ganassi using a oreca chassis in wec"
    like, its just hyundai money and stickers? is that cheaper?

man im really thinking wrc should just go to spec cars and allowing manufacturers to change the "nose" of the car (headlights & front grill desing). the hybrid is already spec, the roll cage is basically spec (because they need to follow tight guidelines), the engines are already super tight on the construction.
    just get someone to build a full simpler spec car and sell them to the teams and drivers, its going to be cheaper.
    make it a crossoverISH thing since thats what the manufacturers want now. the puma is one of the coolest cars on the planet right now (tho the new car dont need all that exagerated [AWESOME] look with all the aerokit).

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    WRC has twice as many rounds as WEC.
    WRC youtube channel has more subscibers than WEC.
    Looking at reddit, WRC is smaller than WEC, looking at instagram, WRC is bigger than WEC. It's quite hard to say.
    hmmm but if wrc had only 8 round like wec, we would still get the same 80k average vs their 300k anyway.
    or reverse: if wec had 14 round (like wrc), they'd probably get the same 300k average in all of them
    like F1 or MotoGP have the same average of views for all of their 24 race season, nascar for their 36 races, or sprintcar have for their +80 race per season

yeah, social media numbers are weird, i honestly dont know how to work with that. motoGP was bigger than F1 up until 2022 or so, if you added twitter/fb/insta/youtube. i remember counting them all every year.

Liked 437 Times in 237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    this is weird... "hyundai will rumored to be run by american team chip ganassi using a oreca chassis in wec"
    like, its just hyundai money and stickers? is that cheaper?
    No, as I said it will be an Oreca tub with a Hyundai engine (roadcar based or prototype) with a spec mgu and Hyundai/Oreca designed bodywork (with some Genesis styling cues) and suspension.

All of them are currently run by third parties, only Toyota and Peugeot with their Hypercars are run inhouse factory teams (maybe Ferrari kind of as well with AF Corse).