Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It seems Newey is cashing out. It is all about the money apparently which is disappointing but then why not...

...One thing is clear, if Newey ends up at Aston, then it is all about the money and nothing else really.

You think Ferrari couldn't have matched AM's offer? What makes you so sure it's all about money anyway? I'm not convinced it was that..
    Newey is already a multi millionaire... plus there are many other potential reasons why he chose AM.

From Equippe..

"There were discussions [with Newey],” Ferrari boss Frederic Vasseur confirmed in an interview with L’Equipe. “He probably had a different idea of ​​what I thought for him. Maybe we will find common ground one day. It is not an individual that changes the outcome of a team, the group is always stronger than the individual.”

Reports are that Newey and Ferrari struggled to agree on his role with the new team."

Staying 'home' in the UK could also have been a factor.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 799 Times in 592 Posts
    Hints from Eddy Jordan's podcast suggest Newey is heading to Aston Martin. Sky reported that Newey had a factory visit to Aston a few weeks ago.
    It seems Newey is cashing out. It is all about the money apparently which is disappointing but then why not. If Aston is where he ends up, then a third driver's title is on the cards for Alonso. There is also the possibility of a Lance Stroll driver's title.
    It remains to be seen if Newey can produce another championship-winning car at the late stage of his career. especially in an era where everything is about CFD. Something that you cannot represent on a drawing board.

One thing is clear, if Newey ends up at Aston, then it is all about the money and nothing else really.
    What really would be the issue with going to AM even if it was only about the money ?

Are you just disappointed that he didn't follow Lewis to Ferrari ?

Liked 799 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    What really would be the issue with going to AM even if it was only about the money ?

Are you just disappointed that he didn't follow Lewis to Ferrari ?
    Steady buddy. That comment was made before the announcement where the package was revealed. AM making Newey a partner changes the complexion of the move to AM. So hold your horses before you shoot me down.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 799 Times in 592 Posts
    Steady buddy. That comment was made before the announcement where the package was revealed. AM making Newey a partner changes the complexion of the move to AM. So hold your horses before you shoot me down.
    Oh , come on .

It's ok to admit it .
    You're just a little disappointed , right ?

And , who was shooting you down ?

And , come to think of it , what difference to the situation do shares and partnership make ?
    According to Adrian , it was more the "old school" idea of a team owner being a guy , rather than a major car maker .
    It sounded more like he pines for the days working with Frank and such guys , where they were the "David" beating up on the "Goliaths" of the day .

Liked 799 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Oh , come on .

It's ok to admit it .
    You're just a little disappointed , right ?

And , who was shooting you down ?

And , come to think of it , what difference to the situation do shares and partnership make ?
    According to Adrian , it was more the "old school" idea of a team owner being a guy , rather than a major car maker .
    It sounded more like he pines for the days working with Frank and such guys , where they were the "David" beating up on the "Goliaths" of the day .
    Not really. I am happy for Aston Martin. I am quite a fan of Lawrence Stroll. I like what he is doing to make Aston Martin as proper championship contender in the near future. With respect to the Ferrari move, Ferrari has built Newey-beating cars in the past, they can do it again. The same can be said for Mercedes. It would have been a fairytale partnership if Newey and Ferrari finally had joined forces. You would be seriously underestimating all the aerodynamicists in the F1 paddock, if you assumed they would be no contest to Aston Martin and Newey in the future.

Besides, Aston Martin still need to make the most of Newey's knowledge and wisdom effectively to have half a chance of beating Ferrari, Mercedes, Redbull, and McLaren. It is not going to be a walk in the park, l assure you.

So to answer your question, No disappointment here buddy, just excitement about the move. Read this article for details
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 16th September 2024 at 09:30.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 342 Times in 188 Posts
    Besides, Aston Martin still need to make the most of Newey's knowledge and wisdom effectively to have half a chance of beating Ferrari, Mercedes, Redbull, and McLaren. It is not going to be a walk in the park, l assure you.
    That's true and I think that Aston having a new wind tunnel is significant. We've heard a few times over the last couple of seasons about wind tunnel results not correlating with track performance. Newey's aero expertise could well prove to be very important in getting the new wind tunnel commissioned, instrumented and callibrated to give reliable results.

I wonder if that was one of the driving factors in getting his signature.