Page 293 of 294 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2934

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 437 Times in 237 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Ahhh the 208 Rally1/ World Rally Car, it has a nice ring to it, just don’t bring Michel Nandan please, we tried that twice and it didn’t work out lol.
    Hu? Wasn't Nandan also involved with the 206?
    Who was Peugot Sports technical director at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    LMDh is the car built on the "lmp2 based" spec chassis made by dallara, ligier and oreca, right? so its not a CAR made by hyundai. im not sure how that works but hey, since we keep saying "wrc should copy wec"
    Yes LMP 2 tub (also from Multimatic) with a spec mgu by WAE and a engine from the manufacturer and bodywork with styling cues (although I suspect that a large part of the aero is done by the respective chassis manufacturer). And all current LMDh cars are run by contacted teams (similar to M Sport Ford, Ralliart Mitsubishi,...).

The proposal for 2027 was based on a spec chassis but that idea isn't certain any more I think.
    I'm not sure how much cheaper the sport would be but I think a spec car devalues a top championship massively. The thing about WEC was very much the ROI and the simplicity to join, both those factors are not really there in rallying.

At least for me personally I don't take the LMDh very serious they are not really a Porsche, Cadillac, BMW,... but a LMP2 in drag with a hybrid drivetrain and similar power to the LMP2 from a few years ago.

Liked 564 Times in 245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    And that bloke Famin. Someone like Corrado should be. Someone who loves rallying.
    Of course it's not going to happen, but it would be a great story if they came back with FX on the top and dominated again!

Liked 1,571 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    Of course it's not going to happen, but it would be a great story if they came back with FX on the top and dominated again!
    Before you know it, DirtFish headlines: “With Peugeot dwindling in WEC, what are the chances they’ll be back in the WRC some 22 years after “the whale”? Lol
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts
    Famin did express that at that time when he was in charge they weren't interested in rallying. I assume he wasn't souch into sport. Although they made 208 R5 and that thing still have one of the greatest sounds out of exaust for me personally.

That's why I believe that team boss or whole motorsport department should be someone with rallying history or passion.

I said some time ago that Cyril isn't with heart in this sport. Sorry but it's true. I know he doesn't have the last word, but pretty much does have influence since above them, people are really listening at key people down there. And as I predicted, that Hyundai would leave soon, this sceanario will probably come true. Sure he could convince them to stay, but I have a feeling it's more vice versa than that we are hoping for. Sadly.

And yes, Peugeot does have ultimatum in WEC. If wins will not come they will consider of leaving. Still think that they did best in rallying and is more appealing.

Liked 1,571 Times in 903 Posts
    Famin did express that at that time when he was in charge they weren't interested in rallying. I assume he wasn't souch into sport. Although they made 208 R5 and that thing still have one of the greatest sounds out of exaust for me personally.

That's why I believe that team boss or whole motorsport department should be someone with rallying history or passion.

I said some time ago that Cyril isn't with heart in this sport. Sorry but it's true. I know he doesn't have the last word, but pretty much does have influence since above them, people are really listening at key people down there. And as I predicted, that Hyundai would leave soon, this sceanario will probably come true. Sure he could convince them to stay, but I have a feeling it's more vice versa than that we are hoping for. Sadly.

And yes, Peugeot does have ultimatum in WEC. If wins will not come they will consider of leaving. Still think that they did best in rallying and is more appealing.
    And that 206 was a beautiful car, the 207 that followed may not have looked as pretty but the exhaust note was on point, as was the 208 R5’s like you said…In a world where almost nobody makes a 3 door supermini and most have reverted to a 5 door layout, would it be too much to ask from Peugeot to bring in their 208 into the mix and create a version for the 2027 rules & regulations?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

7. Likes: deephouse (13th September 2024)
    Whats your source on this one? Sportscar journalists that are allmost always in the know specifically said that the clickbait shit "Peugeot will leave said Linda Jackson" is not what was actually said in that meeting.

Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    And that 206 was a beautiful car, the 207 that followed may not have looked as pretty but the exhaust note was on point, as was the 208 R5’s like you said…In a world where almost nobody makes a 3 door supermini and most have reverted to a 5 door layout, would it be too much to ask from Peugeot to bring in their 208 into the mix and create a version for the 2027 rules & regulations?
    I think it would be awesome. The car does look badass even without all those aero packages.

10. Likes: Eli (13th September 2024)
    Liked 86 Times in 55 Posts
    saw some people on fb talking about how os hyundai going from wrc to wec because "nobody watches wec". someone suggested "go check number of views on the official highlights from both series". man, wrc has around 90k per day, wec have up to 300k and even +400k on a full race at spa. i also thought wec was smaller. what a shock. last two years they also have decent numbers tbh.

Liked 12,355 Times in 5,324 Posts

13. Likes: dimviii (13th September 2024)