Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Liked 305 Times in 190 Posts
    Man, what's with Ogier. He didn't have so much things going on during all 8 titles, he achieved as this weekend.

As Toyota. I think that nobody out of drivers really have any other chance. Especially when the Hyundai situation for a long term is so unclear right now. And I think they will not change Latvala immediately because one lost season. Remember, next year Rovanpera will be back full time.

Liked 60 Times in 28 Posts
    Virves was faster on splits on SS7 than Pajari when they both drove in the dust how they get nominated same time?
    unfair win robbed.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/svstock
    Events: http://svstockdigital.blogspot.com/
    Rallyfan Discord https://discord.gg/yVqYv2q

Liked 11,385 Times in 4,527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by svstock View Post
    Virves was faster on splits on SS7 than Pajari when they both drove in the dust how they get nominated same time?
    unfair win robbed.
    Notional times are never fair. Never were and never will be. Get used to it. It's literally impossible to create a system which would be fair to everyone under every conditions because the very fundament of it is replacing a time which was never achieved. It's just what if.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: COD (11th September 2024),PLuto (8th September 2024)
    Liked 1,571 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AE1WRC View Post

Question for you: If Thierry wins it this year, would you guys say he won because Ogier and Kalle were not participating full season (In other words "weak" championship) or not ?
    I think Neuville has exploited best the new scoring system out of all the championship contenders, in previous seasons he'd be heavily penalised for making his stupid mistakes on Saturdays and Sundays, this time round as long as he gets to the finish (and he usually does). he's there to collect a good amount of points (someone needs to check how many of his points have been collected on Sunday), so even on weak rallies he's not losing too much ground to his competitors. In his mindset he was allready in front of Elfyn considering the fact he's beaten him fair and square many times in the past, Ott is someone who's dominance faded ever since 2020, and with the knowledge he wasn't there in 2023 gave Neuviile the extra push he needed so in his mind he's not a threat to him anymore (like he was in 2022); Ogier & Kalle are both on part-time seasons, so going into the season Nevuille knew this is his best shot and for the first time in his career actually beileved in himeself to do it. So while the wins don't account for as much as they did up until this year (I'm sorry but not scoring the maximum ammount of points for a win is bs), he still lead from start to finish, and now without Wales to catch him out or Australia (okay so he won that in 2017 but remember 2018?) he should be out of the woods, even if he has a DNF in Chile, CER & Japan he won last year & in 2022 respectively. TL:dr, while the wins are worth less than every year up until now, he still had to dig deep and learn how to make the best out of a bad situation (reffering to you, 7! conesecutive gravel events), maybe if Deutschland would've been between Finland & Greece it would've been a different story, but that's speculating at this point.
    If he DOES somehow manages to lose it, he's not worthy of the title and honestly will deserve getting the boot (no offence to any Thierry Neuville fans out there), but I don't believe that'll happen, they have enough on their plate rn and I kinda doubt Neuville will lose it; Ogier has to pull a rabbit out of the hat and same goes to Ott who's only won once this year...With all that said though, 2025 will be an entierly different matter.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 86 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    My gut feeling is that heads will roll at Toyota. Expect a shuffle of the cards in both management and drivers...
    impossible. they have been "winning everything" since 2019 and the season has not ended yet, anything can happen. and even if they lose, its not by a humiliating margin or so. tho i pray to the rally gods toyota fire evans and taka. they dont deserve to be on the fastest car anymore, honestly. kalle and one of the promissing youngsters guys would be the ideal

Liked 2,206 Times in 972 Posts
    Agree that notional times are always an arguable topic, but at the moment I wouldn't be too mad about the final results..
    Today's result is just some very weird thing that happened even f1 or circuit racer can't be so close.. (Yet they say that rally isn't won on the first stage )

Virves's 2nd place is fully earned and should be very proud of it + all the fundraise people, who gave him the chance.
    + this wouldn't have happened if Virves hadn't pushed on PS. In every logical way it was unnecessary as the gap was so big, but if a driver feels good, then it is sometimes safer than just drive slower..

Liked 12,355 Times in 5,324 Posts
    Thierry just has to finish like 4-5th every rally now and take proper points on Sunday and that’s it

It’s just impossible now to lose the title in my eyes, especially with the new points system that you can always take points on Sunday unless it ends very badly for you on Friday or Saturday but he doesn’t have to take such a risks now make the worst happen

Liked 1,165 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    The stewards are busy atm, a lot of decisions being made;

https://app-cdn.sportity.com/14107ed...ision%2019.pdf
    He shouldn't have appologised. He told the truth.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (9th September 2024)
    Liked 901 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Thierry just has to finish like 4-5th every rally now and take proper points on Sunday and that’s it

It’s just impossible now to lose the title in my eyes, especially with the new points system that you can always take points on Sunday unless it ends very badly for you on Friday or Saturday but he doesn’t have to take such a risks now make the worst happen
    Beating Neuville for the title by just being faster than him is indeed very hard, but plenty of stuff can still go wrong for Neuville. Mistakes, technical trouble, if Chile will be another Latvia with lots of cleaning, CER and Japan being on wet tricky asphalt with chance of wrong tyre choice...

Liked 437 Times in 237 Posts
    I'm sorry but people saying Evans should get the boot or Neuville if he doesn't bring the championship over the line are ridiculous.

Evans is at worst the fourth/fifth best driver at the moment and there are hardly ten competent drivers in the world who could post competitive stage times. Same goes for Neuville, he is one of the best at the moment.

If they should get the boot for lets say finishing second and fourth in the championship, than good night for the rest of the drivers.

This obsession with the world champion/s in rallying always bugged me. Every non world champion is a muppet?

Might as well just run a championship with one car, being the previous years champion.

13. Likes: Backa (8th September 2024),Corcaíoch (8th September 2024)