5-Makinen
    6-Gronholm
    7-Rovanpera
    8-Tanak
    9-Röhrl
    10-Mcrae

I am open to any discussions !

Liked 181 Times in 79 Posts
    that's a tough one, as times and even rallies were so different from the 70's to today ... If we limit ourselves to WRC (e.g. post 1973) here is my list.

1-Loeb
    2-Waldegard
    3-Ogier
    4-McRae
    5-Sainz
    6-Mikkola
    7-Röhrl
    8-Kankkunen
    9-To.Makinen
    10-Rovanpera

honorable mention : Tanak, Gronholm, Toivonen, Mouton, Blomqvist, Alen, Therier

Liked 2,875 Times in 1,634 Posts
    1-Loeb
    2-Ogier
    3-ToMakinen
    4-Waldegard
    5-Kankkunen
    6-Mikkola
    7-Burns
    8-McRae
    9-Sainz
    10-Grönholm

Not mentioned: Alen, Röhrl, PSolberg, HToivonen, Aaltonen, Blomqvist, Tanak
    Last edited by Rallyper; 19th August 2024 at 12:14.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Thanks a lot for your list guys !! Keep sharing your versions if you want !!. Nice names are in your lists. Let me tell you the reasons that two surprising names (Ott and Kalle) on my list.

1) It is actually recency bias (I am 23) 😀. What I mean is that I have seen more of Ott and Kalle in my life than I did for Waldegard or Hannu for example.

2)One reason that these 2 guys are up in there is their talent. I have seen videos of so many WRC legends who are extremely talented (Vatanen, Mcrae, etc) IMO Kalle is the most talented rally driver I have ever seen at his age and Ott is right up there with his raw talent and speed.

3)Peak: Ott's peak in 2nd half of 2018 and 2019 is something special the guy was literally unbeatable, same with Kalle in 2022 and 2023 (It was like Loeb-Ogier domination even 2023 was like that but with more calm approach).

4)Kalle's back to back means a lot for me. Defending a title is much more difficult than winning for the first time which is something that some legendary drivers couldn't achieve it (e.g Sainz, Gronholm). Additionally he won two with two different approaches first one was domination and second one was incredible consistency with speed being there also (70 plus stage wins in both seasons)

5. Likes: meh (19th August 2024)
    Liked 2,875 Times in 1,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Agree.

After the two Sebs we could name Björn Waldegård and Marcus Grönholm in third pos.

Björn won first rally he started back in 1965 in own VW 1500S. It was a big national rally (Rally Bore). He won RMC in Porsche 911 in first attempt 1969.

Victories in Safarirally 1977, 1984, 1986 och 1990
    Victory in RAC-rally1977
    Victories in Monte Carlo-rally 1969 och 1970
    Victories in Swedish rally år 1968-70, 1975 och 1978
    How many of you guys have had a small talk with Bjorn? I did. A couple of times. And - fellows of my son, neighbours of Bjorn had him talk some nice words when he married in 2010. It was recorded. Bjorn didn´t attend the wedding, but still.
    Why did he do that? Bcs he knew my son Simon and his skills in rallying being third o/a in same rally when Bjorn´s son Mattias did win o/a.
    That´s a small story, wasn´t it?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: AE1WRC (19th August 2024),dimviii (19th August 2024)
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    How many of you guys have had a small talk with Bjorn? I did. A couple of times. And - fellows of my son, neighbours of Bjorn had him talk some nice words when he married in 2010. It was recorded. Bjorn didn´t attend the wedding, but still.
    Why did he do that? Bcs he knew my son Simon and his skills in rallying being third o/a in same rally when Bjorn´s son Mattias did win o/a.
    That´s a small story, wasn´t it?
    WOW!! This is incredible!! Thank you for sharing this