Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    I can't wait for the Olympics to be over so I can watch the news for NEWS rather than a round up of the day's results.
    Wrong thread - shouldn't this have been in "TV coverage"?

Having got that off my chest, I totally agree. They should have the normal news, ie world followed by local followed by weather and then have a separate special section for the Olympics. Particularly on BBC1 and BBC2 when they "Interrupt the olympic coverage for the News".
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 799 Times in 592 Posts
    I just noticed a flagrant flaunting of the olympic rings symbol(am I allowed to refer to it ?) !

Do they go after all these athletes who get rings tatooes ?
    There's a revenue stream they don't seem to be taking advantage of properly .

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    The Zil lanes start today. I pity the fool who drives near London - any time really
    Nearly at the end of the Olympics now and the traffic has been... non-existent. My commutes have been quicker than normal even allowing for the summer holidays.

Sadly things are too quiet it seems, footfall in Central London stores and restaurants has dropped by 30% over the past fortnight and businesses are claiming its the worst summer they can remember. I think its probably due to Londoners leaving the capital rather than a drop in tourists but those foreigners are all at the Olympics so its a double whammy.

Anyway as for the logistics and organisation everyone I know who's been to an Olympics event has been marvelling at how impressive they've all been, and its not even limited to the Olympics sites as there are volunteers helping out at all the major London tourist sites too. Time to recognise a job excellently done I think.

Liked 664 Times in 524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Type View Post
    We finished 4th in the medals table at Beijing - it's a high target for our team to live up to.
    Don't look now, but y'all boyz are about to get spanked by France. Just one day to go......Governor!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 342 Times in 188 Posts
    Don't think we ever expected to beat France on their home turf in the Olympics.

The Paralympics are looking OK though!

6. Likes: Tazio (8th September 2024)