Page 357 of 358 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358 LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3577
    Liked 302 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    It is a little ironic that Sami Pajari, the obvious competition, is in WRC1.

When the season started I wondered whether Sami might win this "WRC2 Challenger" thing, but he looks like a contender for WRC2 overall. Missing Finland, his home rally, in WRC2 can't help with that. [Of course, the WRC1 rally is a big deal as well.]
    It's maybe one and only shot he will be given, so why not. Everyone would go for it, no matter what car, bad or good, worst or best. In the past the title in lower categories proved nothing to top teams in the sports. Many people were overlooked. If there was justice in the world, then half of the grid wouldn't be there right now and those with pure talent would fight, not those with fat wallets and daddy connections.

2. Likes: Jarek Z (5th August 2024)
    Liked 1,571 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks View Post
    Loving the rally discussions here! What are everyone's thoughts on the latest WRC season? Any favorite moments or drivers standing out for you? Also, has anyone tried out any new rally simulators lately?
    Definitely one of the oddest seasons I recall (excluding 2020), the mix of the really annoying and complex (and stupid) scoring system coupled with the fact that Toyota are now using the same strategy as Hyundai in their line-up has made this season quite a bit different; add to that a run of 7(!) straight gravel events, has made this championship on the one hand very close but on the other hand it also feels very artificial imho, not to take anything from the drivers but it just doesn’t feel right. Also, I must admit the fact that a win is no longer the win, so you don’t get the most points for it…don’t like it, imagine if in any other motorsport discipline, say Verstappen or Hamilton or Marquez would get less points than anyone who’s finished after them…
    As for simulators, still waiting on news for the ‘24 edition of EA Rally (still hate them for taking the ‘Dirt’ name), as I haven’t bothered with last year’s game.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: erikli2 (5th August 2024),Jarek Z (5th August 2024)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    As for simulators, still waiting on news for the ‘24 edition of EA Rally (still hate them for taking the ‘Dirt’ name), as I haven’t bothered with last year’s game.
    EA already announced that the 2024 season will come as DLC starting in October.

Liked 1,571 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfei View Post
    EA already announced that the 2024 season will come as DLC starting in October.
    Thanks for the update, managed to miss that somehow.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Loving the rally discussions here! What are everyone's thoughts on the latest WRC season? Any favorite moments or drivers standing out for you? Also, has anyone tried out any new rally simulators lately?
    I was quite sceptical about the new points system at the beginning of the year, but tbh, without it, the Sundays would have been quite miserable to follow. It actually creates battles and a reason to push for the drives, hence better entertainment for us, the viewers. I admit however, that the value of being on the podium has decreased significantly and that is a bit sad. However, I would still prefer the new PS to the old one.

In general, the lack of cars is worrisome and at times I have been in total disbelief how incompetent the live coverage has been..

Favourite moment: as always the first night stages of Monte Carlo..brings jitters 😄 always as the long wait is finally over. Poland stages (at least those that went ahead) were also great.

The most standing out driver for me has to be Fourmaux. Did not expect such stability and speed from him considering his history. Nice to see.

8. Likes: Jarek Z (5th August 2024)
    Liked 3,359 Times in 1,772 Posts
    Loving the rally discussions here! What are everyone's thoughts on the latest WRC season? Any favorite moments or drivers standing out for you?
    The favorite moment? Martins Sesks' performance in Poland and Latvia. Nothing else compares.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 213 Times in 125 Posts
    My favourite moment of the year to date was Fourmaux's power stage in Croatia.

Liked 272 Times in 159 Posts
    For me, it is one of the most exciting season ever. I would compare it with 2018 and 2019. Everyone is so close to eachother and there are nice battles to follow, especially on Sunday..

New points system unfortunately degrades the victory and the podium, but still, as someone said there already, I would prefer this one than the older one.. So much excitement.

Favorite moment for me is Thursday night in Monte Carlo and Neuville's outstanding performance here.

Fourmaux and Ford's reliability have to be the best suprise for us, I didn't expect them to bring so many podiums.

Liked 84 Times in 53 Posts
    Usar.jpg

images we wish were taken at a wrc stage

Liked 437 Times in 237 Posts
    F1 journalist Peter Windsor made a video about his run on the shakedown in Finland with Neuville.

He's quite good at analysing driving styles in circuit racing, and tries to dissect how they drive in rallying.

The guy likes to hear himself talk, but it could still be of interest to some.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ub2Rs7qCZ6A

14. Likes: manthey (9th August 2024)