Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Sesks is not starting the rally.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What happened with him?
    Cash, problems with MRF, mental breakdown?

Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
    My guess is that there is no point in him wasting budget when there is little chance of a good result. None of the MRF crews have been able to finish higher than 6th this year, and that was Sesks in Sweden, 1 minute 40 off the lead.

He has the pace, so better to do fewer rallies but with a competitive car/tyre package to show what he can do.

Very interested to see the pace of Llarena this weekend now he has switched away from MRF. If his pace is suddenly a lot better, it will strongly indicate that Sesks struggles have been tyre related.

4. Likes: 240RS (25th July 2024),erikli2 (26th July 2024),Jarek Z (25th July 2024),TWRC (30th July 2024)
    Liked 166 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie106 View Post
    My guess is that there is no point in him wasting budget when there is little chance of a good result. None of the MRF crews have been able to finish higher than 6th this year, and that was Sesks in Sweden, 1 minute 40 off the lead.

He has the pace, so better to do fewer rallies but with a competitive car/tyre package to show what he can do.

Very interested to see the pace of Llarena this weekend now he has switched away from MRF. If his pace is suddenly a lot better, it will strongly indicate that Sesks struggles have been tyre related.
    Good point!

Liked 3,354 Times in 1,770 Posts
    That's a shame about Sesks. But, on the other hand, his season is already wasted...

However, according to this article, MRF Tyres team will be represented by Mārtiņš Sesks, Andrea Mabellini, Paolo Andreucci and Amaury Molle:
    https://www.fiaerc.com/a/news/w28292...-on-ERC-return
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,354 Times in 1,770 Posts
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 9,544 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Any reason why Lefebvre is doing this rally and why he's switched to the Hyundai recently ?

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie106 View Post

My impression is that MRF have fallen back a bit in competitiveness this year. Last year Sesks was able to win with them. Maybe partly the car, but not that much.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    It's me or more and more drivers switching to new michelin tarmac tires?Had a chance to talk with a rally driver who have tried both new michelin pilot sport A and pirelli RA and said that michelins gives better information on what the car is doing compared to pirelli,and is more puncture ressistant.

Liked 140 Times in 63 Posts
    About Sesks - at this moment, because of great speed he was able to show in WRC Latvia, there is huge Hype about Sesks and his possible future. I would not be surprised, if Martins team and people behind him decided not to start, because starting in this rally would spoil this hype, would lower his currently high position in rally world - because there is no chance for him to have good result here. Starting would only make him look worse than some unknown local italian drivers. This of course is only my speculation.

12. Likes: JTGANG (26th July 2024)