Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 799 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    After seeing the win for Carlos Sainz at Australia GP, the Ferrari management must be thinking about their decision of replacing him with Hamilton after this season.
    I seriously doubt that. They probably would ponder whether they let the right driver go for a very brief moment and move on. When it comes to winning titles, Sainz is unproven and Hamilton is a sure thing. Not having the car to make a mark in the last three years does not make Hamilton a lesser driver than the one who won seven world championship titles. If you know anything about F1, the thought would not cross your mind. Except those Hamilton haters amongst us of course.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

I watched Antonelli win his second race in F2. He reminded me of the younger Hamilton. From the midfield, he carved his way to the lead of the race. Very intelligent driving from the young man. I saw why Mercedes are so excited about putting him in their car.

I think he would be brilliant in an F1 car.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 479 Times in 372 Posts
    This is going to be an interesting move. It appears Hamilton isn't able to utilise his natural speed under the current rule set. George is pasting him in qualifying this year even though Hamilton is ahead of him in points tally at this point of the season. Hamilton is coming back at George a little recently but his qualifying this year has been fairly poor overall. I do think George is one of the best qualifiers the sport has ever seen though.

How Hamilton will stack up against Leclerc is going to be fascinating. I think Leclerc will have to up his game significantly to be as consistent as Hamilton in the race but qualifying is the aspect of it I'm most curious about given Leclerc is also one of the grids best qualifiers.

Great move overall for the sport and looking forward to see how it pans out next year.

Mercedes would be silly not to employ the services of Sainz. He's a great driver, one of the hardest working and deserves a top seat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This is going to be an interesting move. It appears Hamilton isn't able to utilise his natural speed under the current rule set. George is pasting him in qualifying this year even though Hamilton is ahead of him in points tally at this point of the season. Hamilton is coming back at George a little recently but his qualifying this year has been fairly poor overall. I do think George is one of the best qualifiers the sport has ever seen though.

How Hamilton will stack up against Leclerc is going to be fascinating. I think Leclerc will have to up his game significantly to be as consistent as Hamilton in the race but qualifying is the aspect of it I'm most curious about given Leclerc is also one of the grids best qualifiers.

Great move overall for the sport and looking forward to see how it pans out next year.

Mercedes would be silly not to employ the services of Sainz. He's a great driver, one of the hardest working and deserves a top seat.
    The dynamics within Mercedes seemed to have changed considerably since he announced his departure to Ferrari. It was dire for a while but changed noticeably since the famous email accusing Mercedes of sabotaging Hamilton. I don't think Hamilton's performance has dipped. I think the resulting changes in circumstances have created a situation where his side of the garage is unable to give him the car setup he is comfortable with. I

I expected him to be strong in Canada but was a whopping 0.350 seconds behind Russell. Which is not believable on a track Hamilton had won six times. If Hamilton had started anywhere in the front row, Mercedes may have won that race with Hamilton. Same conditions as Silverstone but different outcome. Since the email, he seems happier and has won a race to show that.

I expect Leclerc to be faster in qualifying, but Hamilton would be ahead in the race. If Leclerc struggled to tame Sainz. I suspect he would struggle to tame Hamilton
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th July 2024 at 10:09.
    William Shakespeare