Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    We see hints of Hamilton of old as he defended robustly from a faster Verstappen. There is still fire in the seven-time world champion.
    Yes, nice job forcing the error. It may cost Max a couple more places after the Stewards are done.

Liked 664 Times in 524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Used to be Starter View Post
    Buttered and done. He may have a contract for '25, but I suspect someone else may be in the seat.
    Then he goes and has a decent race, maybe, just maybe saving his seat. I don't know, I think that they should just ax him. Get it over with.

BTW a very awkward ending to the race. McLaren begging Lando to let Osc' through...... Weird, comical, silly, strange, odd, or all of the above.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tazio; 21st July 2024 at 16:45.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 479 Times in 372 Posts
    We see hints of Hamilton of old as he defended robustly from a faster Verstappen. There is still fire in the seven-time world champion.
    Yup, was probably a racing incident alright. I do agree Hamilton could have done more to avoid the incident (in fact he seemed to actively turn into Max) and I think were it another driver other than Max he probably would have avoided it. Max has gotten away with a lot he shouldn't have in the past and got a bit of comeuppance today. Just like with Austria he won't learn because he's stupid to his own failings and he has a cowardly team that will never point the finger at him. He's showing he's the same petulant child he has always been, and simply can't handle heat of the moment battles. Human error champion.

I don't understand why McLaren didn't put Piastri first over Norris, there was no risk of Hamilton undercutting them. Self inflicted completely avoidable and pointless drama.

Liked 190 Times in 154 Posts
    The whole McLaren thing is just stupid. They made their bed with their strategy call and now live with it. We must let the 2nd place driver have a win so he can feel good about himself, instead of him earning it on the track.

5. Likes: N. Jones (21st July 2024)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Personally I think Lando shoulda won. Yes they sent him to pit first but he also qualified better, and he had a 5.5 or 6 second lead by the time he finally gave the position up. Completely unfair to Lando who was faster, and Piastri seemed ashamed lol

7. Likes: F1nKS (22nd July 2024),N. Jones (21st July 2024)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    What the hell is McLaren doing? They took the win away from brilliant Piastri
    And then unfairly made Lando give up the win, after he qualified better and built up a 5.5 second lead over Piastri.

9. Likes: N. Jones (21st July 2024)
    Liked 799 Times in 592 Posts
    Two situations to comment on here .

McLaren could have solved it by apologizing to Lando and/or Opie during the race .
    You let Lando know his team screwed up , and Opie should have been pitted first , so he must conform .
    Or , you say sorry to Opie , but Lando is the guy who's fighting Max in the big picture , which is what the entire team should be concerned with .

It seemed poorly handled in the moment , but as explained afterwards , it made more sense , and was dealt with masterfully by Lando .
    He impressed me today .

And then there's that other thing .

It was a dive by Max , but as I read that Lewis said he saw him coming from way back , I can't see any way to assign Max any blame on this one .
    It was pretty clear to see Max was ahead at that point , and the stewards mentioned that Lewis could have done more to avoid contact . That's a rather large understatement , given he said he saw him , and remained on the same trajectory , instead of waiting for him to slide through , to take the position .
    Lewis actually moved in early from the racing line as well , as was shown on Sky with Ant on the sky pad screen thingy , which I initially thought was a clever move by Lewis , to put Max on the Marbles , but then he placed his right front in front of Max's left rear .
    That was dumb and dangerous .

So , this should have been a shake of the head miss for Max , and a pass for Lewis , but I believe it should have been a penalty for Lewis this time .

Liked 664 Times in 524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Two situations to comment on here .

I can't see any way to assign Max any blame on this one .

I believe it should have been a penalty for Lewis this time .
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/FgD6yQeyrV11aVAJ9

Last edited by Tazio; 22nd July 2024 at 01:16.
    May the forza be with you

12. Likes: Bagwan (22nd July 2024)
    Liked 799 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yup, was probably a racing incident alright. I do agree Hamilton could have done more to avoid the incident (in fact he seemed to actively turn into Max) and I think were it another driver other than Max he probably would have avoided it. Max has gotten away with a lot he shouldn't have in the past and got a bit of comeuppance today. Just like with Austria he won't learn because he's stupid to his own failings and he has a cowardly team that will never point the finger at him. He's showing he's the same petulant child he has always been, and simply can't handle heat of the moment battles. Human error champion.

I don't understand why McLaren didn't put Piastri first over Norris, there was no risk of Hamilton undercutting them. Self inflicted completely avoidable and pointless drama.
    I think there was enough room on the inside for Verstappen to complete an overtake if he had not locked up both the front tires. He did not expect Hamilton to break as late as he did, he tried to break even later but lost control as a result.

I fully expected them to call in Piastri, but they pitted Norris first. At which point, l thought they wanted Norris to win to keep the pressure on Verstappen and Redbull. On this track, track position is key. Once Norris had the clear air of the lead, Piastri was never going to catch him to retake the lead. It was just an embarrassing cock up of the strategist. He or she may well get replaced sooner or later. They are not going to beat Redbull with this level of incompdetence.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 799 Times in 661 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Then he goes and has a decent race, maybe, just maybe saving his seat. I don't know, I think that they should just ax him. Get it over with.

BTW a very awkward ending to the race. McLaren begging Lando to let Osc' through...... Weird, comical, silly, strange, odd, or all of the above.

That was a magnificent race by Perez. On a track where it is difficult to overtake, he goes from 16th to 7th. And on a day where Riciardo; the favorite to replace him was having a bad day. Yuki keeps putting Ricciardo to shame. I wonder why Redbull are not considering him for the senior seat. He has shown that he is as good or even a better proposition compared to Lawson whom everyone is talking about.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

15. Likes: Fortitude (22nd July 2024)