Page 354 of 358 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3577
    Liked 84 Times in 53 Posts
    last weekend v8supercars had one of the best racing ever.
    got 25min to do nothing but watch youtube? go for it, you will not regreat!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6wz8oLrmM

2. Likes: Morte66 (15th July 2024)
    Liked 3,873 Times in 2,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    You are cooking a soup of water.
    You were telling lies again and responded by changing the subject. Then when that got pointed out you follow on by random trolling.

Well played.

Liked 3,873 Times in 2,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The EV sales are mostly about government subsidies. Without them it's just a toy for rich people. Subsidies are tax money. Tax money are money paid by every citizen of the state.

Even with subsidies the electric cars are too expensive for majority of state citizens. Due to that far majority of EVs are being bought by wealthy people who don't need these subsidies.

The circle closes with an unfortunate fact that the poor in reality sponsor cars of the rich.

That is completely wrong and a great example how government policy shall never ever look like. Period.
    1. In the list of EV market share by country about half of those countries had no subsidies. Including many of those with 20-30% market share. How does that happen in your opinion when it's all about subsidies?

2. For those countries that have subsidies there are many different systems. Most went from general subsidy no matter the price over to price limits where you get lower or no subsidy for more expensive EVs. Usually this happened within a few years of EV sales increasing. So this argument is dimished in most markets.

3. Another point is that if an EV subsidy makes your rich neighbor change his 3L TDI Q7 for Tesla X to drive kids around it might be a net win for the local environment in terms of sound and smell.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Within 10 years there´s not much EV´s sold at all.

Hydrogen engines will rather rule.
    Without considering distribution and storage production of hydrogen would need a lot of energy.

Consider the next big energy producers being in geologically active areas like Iceland, Hawaii, east Asia, Nicaragua, Wyoming, and Italy...
    Last edited by Gregor-y; 13th July 2024 at 18:30.

extreme-e is going hydrogen for next season, now under fia's governing body instead of acm (monaco's organization) but i still cant wrap my head around how some claim hydrogen is "cleaner" since you gotta USE ENERGY to split molecules and to store the gas form in a cell. those are two extra steps, for example. (i bet theres more on safety and construction, but eh. its all green washing too, in a way. it is not 'cleaner'. (at least as far as i understand. the same way [street] evs are not cleaner than regular modern cars - unless you keep your ev for 4 years to compensate materials used in construction, extra weight causing more ''damage'' on the roads, etc)

Liked 2,872 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Well, in a climate that it is in norway and sweden, i doubt hydrogen is the solution.
    Its steam that comes out, you don't need much fantasy to understand how 20.000 cars in the morning and the temperature is below 0 will "adjust" the griplevel on the road.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Haha, that I never heard before.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,872 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    Without considering distribution and storage production of hydrogen would need a lot of energy.

Consider the next big energy producers being in geologically active areas like Iceland, Hawaii, east Asia, Nicaragua, Wyoming, and Italy...
    For sure. You are absolutely right. But generating hydrogen with nuclear should be very much more environmental efficient, tha manufacturing EV batteries.

You heard about Northvolt problems?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

haha jesus fck, no joke. i was riding my bike, and now theres those byd chinese electric cars here now in my country. one of those almost runned me over! i coulndt hear it comming. jeeeez, so close, im still shaking. haha first thing i thought: "naaah, south american and eastern europeans fans will all die on stages with these silent cars" hahahah

Liked 1,164 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    extreme-e is going hydrogen for next season, now under fia's governing body instead of acm (monaco's organization) but i still cant wrap my head around how some claim hydrogen is "cleaner" since you gotta USE ENERGY to split molecules and to store the gas form in a cell. those are two extra steps, for example. (i bet theres more on safety and construction, but eh. its all green washing too, in a way. it is not 'cleaner'. (at least as far as i understand. the same way [street] evs are not cleaner than regular modern cars - unless you keep your ev for 4 years to compensate materials used in construction, extra weight causing more ''damage'' on the roads, etc)
    You could overbuild nuclear power, or even solar+wind, and use the leftover power to generate hydrogen.

Today a lot of electricity is already being wasted because it's produced at the wrong time. Turning it into hydrogen to power cars could be a good solution.

Liked 9,544 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    haha jesus fck, no joke. i was riding my bike, and now theres those byd chinese electric cars here now in my country. one of those almost runned me over! i coulndt hear it comming. jeeeez, so close, im still shaking. haha first thing i thought: "naaah, south american and eastern europeans fans will all die on stages with these silent cars" hahahah
    Nothing new, but I thought there would be some warning noise by now. I was nearly hit by a silent Prius years ago.