Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,544 Times in 5,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Those results are not correct. EWRC is currently (01:30 BST on 14 July) showing the first provisional results. Following information presented to the CofC with regards to a faulty clock at the start of SS2, that stage was cancelled and, following a JoF report, car 89 was disqualified and the results re-posted provisional. The second provisional results were declared final at 19:25 BST on 13 July.

The correct results are available here:
    https://results.btrdarallyresults.co.uk/results/?e=706
    Following the changes Ingram finished 14.7 s ahead of Cronin and 53.4 s ahead of Evans.
    No change in the 1-2-3 order though, just a slight change in the gaps.

It wasn't easy to be sure of the times as Cronin was shown with a 1.00 Penalty for a good while.

Watching the action on YT there was a clear difference in pace between Ingram and Evans. Quite a surprise when Evans has had much more time in the GR Yaris. Plus Ingram didnt even have a recce !

Liked 333 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Plus Ingram didnt even have a recce !
    Nobody had a recce - it was a BTRDA event & you only get a recce on BRC events in the woods!

EWRC have now updated their results pages to match the final results of the event.

3. Likes: archie106 (15th July 2024)
    Jimmy McRae is doing the Grampian Forest Rally ! Happy 50th Year, Jim !

https://dirtfish.com/rally/brc/jimmy...fter-30-years/

Liked 406 Times in 253 Posts
    Is anyone planning on going to Rali Ceredigion this year? I’m planning on staying overnight somewhere, maybe have a piss up with my mates in Aberystwyth on the Saturday but with stages like Brechfa included this year, how close is the itinerary to Aber this time around?

Liked 387 Times in 204 Posts
    I was hoping to go but as am not familiar with the area dont want to get "penned" in. Had hoped to do shakedown/quali and then the town centre but after that am struggling.

Liked 604 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    I was hoping to go but as am not familiar with the area dont want to get "penned" in. Had hoped to do shakedown/quali and then the town centre but after that am struggling.
    I think it’s fine as long as you arrive in plenty time and can go for a wander, getting there early is crucial (ideally before road closes). Maps usually fairly easy to find in advance. So e cracking roads, but a lot are like Ireland in that they’re fairly narrow with big hedges so sometimes hard to get a view. I think there’ll be plenty spectator info scsilsnoe due to it being on the ERC.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 406 Times in 253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Based on my experience of last year, the fan zones weren’t ideal - both we tried were pretty flat and didn’t offer much to get excited about. I’m sure there will be the possibility for some areas to be on more of natural bank, maybe my own recce will be needed to check out this year’s zones.

Last year I took a look at the maps and found a couple areas that looked like they might be interesting - Cymystwyth at the end of the long run up Elan Valley was a good spot, so good in fact that Special Stage chose to set up their cameras there too! On day two we went to the Hafren stage and found two switchback hairpins, brilliant spot to see everything come through at full chat with plenty of oppo, loads of fans there and the marshals were all pretty reasonable with us gathering there.

9. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd August 2024)
    Liked 1,268 Times in 689 Posts
    Yeah, they actually used the Tarmac road through the Hafren forest that goes past the picnic site near the famous Nant Melen hairpin........

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

13. Likes: AndyRAC (8th August 2024),HKSjbg (8th August 2024),the sniper (9th August 2024)