Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Liked 272 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Because you can rise above the people who hate (big word, let's say constantly complain about / make up every reason to criticize) another driver because it's not their favourite driver.
    It's obvious Tanak didn't have a big crash on purpose, he wasn't able to test much either. In any case, I doubt much changes for Neuville: he's first on the road anyway, it's probably going to be dry and it's fast gravel... even with some more testing for the new engine mapping, he'll lose tons of time regardless. He should bring it home hoping others hit trouble, no chance for a big result based on speed. Hopefully he'll get to test for later rallies.
    How do we know it's gonna be dry? It still more than a week away.. But yeah, I agree that not much changes for him. Big time will be lost

Liked 906 Times in 425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    Lets no forget how Neuville crashed the first hybrid test car and postponed their whole development for weeks.
    I don't see what does that have to do with what I wrote. And that was quite academic, since the Hyundai of those years was a trashcan on 4 wheels and testing wasn't going to fix nor redesign suspensions, turbo etc.

3. Likes: becher (10th July 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    How do we know it's gonna be dry? It still more than a week away.. But yeah, I agree that not much changes for him. Big time will be lost
    I said probably, because it's July... unless in the Baltic countries summer is rainy?

Liked 272 Times in 159 Posts
    I said probably, because it's July... unless in the Baltic countries summer is rainy?
    Today there are huge storms, so lets see

Liked 514 Times in 202 Posts
    I don't see what does that have to do with what I wrote. And that was quite academic, since the Hyundai of those years was a trashcan on 4 wheels and testing wasn't going to fix nor redesign suspensions, turbo etc.
    This is not true. Why would they bother testing at all if it didn't accomplish anything, especially for a brand-new car? The main issue was that Hyundai started very late. As a result, they had only a limited number of days to test everything. Because Neuville crashed so badly, they couldn't test their new car on gravel at all, which meant they had to homologate the car without knowing how it would perform on gravel. If they had done some testing, they would have had some idea of what was working and what wasn't, giving them a better base to move forward. Instead, they had to guess and homologate based on what they had.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    This is not true. Why would they bother testing at all if it didn't accomplish anything, especially for a brand-new car? The main issue was that Hyundai started very late. As a result, they had only a limited number of days to test everything. Because Neuville crashed so badly, they couldn't test their new car on gravel at all, which meant they had to homologate the car without knowing how it would perform on gravel. If they had done some testing, they would have had some idea of what was working and what wasn't, giving them a better base to move forward. Instead, they had to guess and homologate based on what they had.
    No, you can't fix something so flawed with just few more test days, especially because they were already running late. Even if let's say the suspension broke during testing (they were testing on asphalt, vast majority of their suspension problems were on gravel), they would have assumed it was just a regular failure. And even if they realized a bigger flaw, would have they been able to change much in such a short time before homologation? Hardly.
    The reality is that neither Tanak nor Neuville could have won the championship driving that "amazing quality" Hyundai against Kalle's Toyota, not in a milllion years.

8. Likes: becher (10th July 2024)
    Liked 1,573 Times in 905 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/w...urs-/10633633/

Peter Thul WRC Promoter’s Senior Director of Sport told Autosport/Motorsport.com: "....I also hope if we have good [2027] regulations done by the end of the year..."
    and in other news, Wales Rally GB will be back by 2027....they hardly managed getting these regs in time, I highly doubt they'll do that for 2027, I hope they prove me (& any other doubters out there) wrong.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 446 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    It wasn't a joke, I'm not afraid of hating Tanak here. Neuville is hated basically every day, so why not?
    Fair enough. I might not agree with your original comment, but I do share your general sentiment.

It adds a bit of variety to the forum, which sometimes looks like a Tänak appreciation society.

11. Likes: mknight (11th July 2024)
    Liked 853 Times in 452 Posts
    Depends, coud be miserable every day and could be a month long drought. You never know whats your gonna get here.

But looking at the forecast it looks to be like a high pressure zones over eastern/central europe next week. So looks to be like a dry and dusty rally coming....for now.

Liked 9,567 Times in 5,109 Posts
    WRC set for major presence at Goodwood Festival of Speed starting today

https://www.wrc.com/a/news/w28206_WR...tival-of-Speed

Rally Stage stream (only Sordo here I think, others will do the Hill Climb)...

https://www.youtube.com/live/6OfKXRw...vZ1QSu5pDRi7-G