Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1,128 Times in 626 Posts
    These races have been very good lately. Nice to see Hamilton win again.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

2. Likes: Matthew (11th July 2024),Mia 01 (9th July 2024)
    Liked 189 Times in 153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Russell going for two in a row....

It should be a fun race, and it may be unpredictable if the rain comes.

The second half of the season is setting up for a possible great finish. I wonder if Hamilton is having second thoughts about going to Ferrari.
    I had to go to church at lap 19. Didn't look at my phone or watch for the next 3 hours until I could pick up where I left off. Silverstone didn't disappoint. Great drama and great win by Hamilton.

Mclaren...take a page out of the Ferrari strategy book.

4. Likes: N. Jones (8th July 2024)
    Liked 697 Times in 489 Posts
    Fantastic race once the initial 16 or so laps of boredom ended. Off the start, everyone up front pulled gaps on the cars behind, barring Piastri who managed to stay within DRS of Lando. Max made an early move but Lewis and George easily had his number until the rain came.

And from there out, it seemed that all of the top drivers made huge gains at one point or another. As the rain came Norris pulled in Max, then Lewis got George. Not to be denied his charge, Lando reeled in Lewis after George, and Oscar was in his wheels passing them next. RB and Max made the smart move, pitted first, and got back into things. Merc were smart and double stacked, even though it brought George back behind Max again, but McLaren absolutely blew it and kept Piastri out for another lap, sending him down to 6th.

Georges chances of any good points went down the tubes with a rare Merc problem.

Merc and Lewis pit, as well as RB and Max. McLaren leave Lando out for one more lap, but it was costly and he came out behind Lesis. Once the change to slicks came, Max was mighty, chasing down Lando who seemed at first to be chasing down Lewis. I think Lewis played tire management a bit better and kept some tires under him for the fight at the end. Once Max got by Lando he was taking chunks out of Lewis, but there just weren't enough laps to get it done, even though the RB was really quick on the hard tires.

Fantastic race for Lewis, and in the end he would not be denied. In all fairness Lando and George had great races as well, but George never got any chance to fight back with dry pace, and Lando seemed to eat up his tires in the last stint. A good race for Max considering how slow his initial stint and intermediate first few laps were.

Hulk pulled off an amazing 6th in the Haas, and Carlos seemed a comfortable gap ahead. Albon, Yuki, and both Aston Martins filled in the top 10. Even with the conditions changing, 8 different manufacturers in the top 10, fairly surprising. And the way the race went, just a slight change in timing over when the rain came could have easily mixed the field up to different positions.

Liked 697 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I had to go to church at lap 19. Didn't look at my phone or watch for the next 3 hours until I could pick up where I left off. Silverstone didn't disappoint. Great drama and great win by Hamilton.

Mclaren...take a page out of the Ferrari strategy book.
    I did even worse, I made the mistake of seeing a spoiler before watching the race delayed. I almost didn't watch it today, knowing who the top 3 finishers were, and mostly tuned in to see where it went wrong for George. And even then it was great to watch, more action than I expected. Until the rain came I was just assuming that at some point George broke or sent it off track, while George did DNF the action on track was great.

Great win for Lewis and Merc.

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    What a race? Changeable conditions, everyone at wits end.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Lewis deserved that win on home soil!

Liked 792 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Lewis deserved that win on home soil!
    That is what should have happened in Canada, same conditions, and different outcome.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    These races have been very good lately. Nice to see Hamilton win again.
    Yes, the last few races have been very good and with competition at the top the rest of the season should bring more exciting races.
    FanAmp and r/GrandPrixTravel - Two Wonderful Places for F1 Fans

11. Likes: N. Jones (12th July 2024)