Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,166 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I recall Estonia had a fit at Russians entering the country, but that was before Gryazin was Bulgarian. Wondered if it was the same here.
    Sorry, wanted to edit post, but it got deleted..

I think it is the same reason.

Liked 5,592 Times in 2,312 Posts
    40 is a shame for FIA.

About russian guy, i heard yes. Not allowed.

Liked 130 Times in 61 Posts
    1. I advise you to download app - LVMGEO. It is Latvian map server with a lot of different background maps layers of objects - for example, You can see Government owned camping spots, which usualy has a restroom, some Firewood, tables, benches, sometimes even some canopy or shed.

2. It is allowed to camp, build tents and make fire in any public forest. It is also allowed to walk into private forests, unless owner has put on signs, which prohibits entering.

3. Not allowed to camp in protected areas, but it is hard to tell if You are in owne. app LVMGEO will help with this.

4. It is possible to pay with credit cards an phones almost everywhere. I am pretty sure it will be possible to do so in rally viewing areas too.

5. You are allowed to walk by any water body 4 m (small water bodies) to 10 m (larger water bodies) from the water line. For example - you are allowed to circle lakes or walk by rivers despite crossing private lands. But of course in lot of places this is phisycly impossible.

6. As everyone probably know, Latvia is EU member state and uses EURO for payments.

7. Where are plenty of speed cameras and average speed traps. Waze shows all of them.

8. Be extra careful of 2 lane roads with opposite traffic. Some Latvians are dangerous drivers and will attempt impossible overtakes. Lot of lethal crashes lately.

I am local in Latvia and check forum almost daily, so probably can answer some questions if where will be any.

4. Likes: Backa (27th June 2024),Corcaíoch (27th June 2024),drive (3rd July 2024),satnav (27th June 2024),TWRC (27th June 2024),Typ85 (27th June 2024),Walach (27th June 2024)
    Liked 221 Times in 132 Posts
    I have just noticed that Thierry Neuville will face 100 kilometres of cleaning during Thursday and Friday. There are 6 stages with just 1 pass and 2 stages with 2 passes

Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    I have just noticed that Thierry Neuville will face 100 kilometres of cleaning during Thursday and Friday. There are 6 stages with just 1 pass and 2 stages with 2 passes
    Last year in ERC, some stages were very dusty so being first on road doesn't need to be that bad.

Liked 3,844 Times in 1,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    Last year in ERC, some stages were very dusty so being first on road doesn't need to be that bad.
    Exactly opposite. Last year it was dry on beginning, but started to rain. So first drivers had advantage that they were going on relatively dry surface, but others had it more and more wet. Especially in Latvia, if there is dry weather, starting order is very, very important...

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Spectators guide - https://www.lvrally.com/skatitajiem/skatitaju-celvedis
    Direct download - button below it "LEJUPIELĀDĒT'

Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
    Is there i possibility to buy tickets on gas stations? If not, where are the ticketpoints?

I am not sure. As it looks at the moment it is only possible to buy tickets only online here -

https://www.bilesuparadize.lv/en/cus...DgyNS42MC4wLjA.

After buying digital ticket you will have to exchange it to a real whristband at exchange points. You can find exchange points here - https://www.lvrally.com/en/news/tet-...xchange-points

Sesks.

Sesks is not so common, but existing last name for Latvian people. Sesks is latvian for Ferret. You can find out what ferret is here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret

12. Likes: WRCStan (3rd July 2024)