Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
    Liked 3,841 Times in 2,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Anyone who hasn't driven a Rally1 before has to be highly-praised for such a debut, no matter whether they have experience on such roads or in other rally cars, or a good road position.

The difference is vast and Sesks did an amazing job.
    Not to take much from Sesks but the "Rally1" he drove is likely easier to drive than both 2017-2021 cars and the actual Rally1.

The 2017 had fancy diffs all around with tons of things you could change. So fastest setup could need lot of experience. More aero than current cars on top of that.

Rally1 without hybrid that he drove removes all the focus on hybrid (how and when to brake, when not to touch the brakes at all etc.) as well as traction issues when hybrid kicks in on loose gravel. (Sordo was complaining about that a lot the first year).

Yes he did a great job first time in a very fast car, but this way he also avoided a lot of issues that all other first time starters in the top category had the last 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Colin Clark's Rally Poland driver ratings are available at:
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/dirtf...river-ratings/
    Evans gets extra points from him as always, even though he didn't score much or show top speed (I'd rank him as 4th fastest of the weekend) when he had a good opportunity to gain on title rivals. 7/10 at best from me.

Tanak- either he should not rank him or give 9/10. (9 due to not winning PS). He did the best (almost) out of what he could do. The ranking should be for performance not things you cannot do anything with .

Mikkelsen also 9/10 due to Saturday. As I wrote on twitter this same Colin Clark gave Suninen 8/10 for running 5-6th whole rally on his first start on gravel in Estonia last year. This was Mikkelsens first top category start on gravel in 5 years.

Katsuta and Munster -1 point each.

Liked 11,266 Times in 4,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Evans gets extra points from him as always, even though he didn't score much or show top speed (I'd rank him as 4th fastest of the weekend) when he had a good opportunity to gain on title rivals. 7/10 at best from me.

Tanak- either he should not rank him or give 9/10. (9 due to not winning PS). He did the best (almost) out of what he could do. The ranking should be for performance not things you cannot do anything with .

Mikkelsen also 9/10 due to Saturday. As I wrote on twitter this same Colin Clark gave Suninen 8/10 for running 5-6th whole rally on his first start on gravel in Estonia last year. This was Mikkelsens first top category start on gravel in 5 years.

Katsuta and Munster -1 point each.
    Why anyone spends time with Colin's ranking is beyond me. It's completely worthless.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: cali (4th July 2024),Corcaíoch (4th July 2024),mousti (4th July 2024)
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    ma vidéo de ce merveilleux rallye de Pologne , appréciez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAXAaFEaCc8

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Why anyone spends time with Colin's ranking is beyond me. It's completely worthless.
    For me it might be worthless to read your rants about EVs from a country with basically the lowest number of EVs in Europe.

Yet I do it for entertainment. Same with with Colins rankings and basically this whole forum.

7. Likes: TypeR (4th July 2024)
    Liked 1,898 Times in 744 Posts
    Was it true that if one more stage had been cancelled the event would be over? Hear some rumors on the stages
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,552 Times in 666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    For me it might be worthless to read your rants about EVs from a country with basically the lowest number of EVs in Europe.

Yet I do it for entertainment. Same with with Colins rankings and basically this whole forum.
    There's way more content and thought on Mirek's "rants" than in Colin's rating and writing. And don't start with the EV's as their popularity and sales is declining and many manufacturers are dropping them from their line.

10. Likes: EstWRC (4th July 2024)
    Liked 1,552 Times in 666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Was it true that if one more stage had been cancelled the event would be over? Hear some rumors on the stages
    We dodged a bullet then

Liked 1,898 Times in 744 Posts
    Yeah, not sure what the points rule vs distance is now.
    Just before the start of powerstage there was a marshal with heat stroke, people ran to try and stop the last 0 car and wave the police heli down, he got some help after 30min when the medics came walking
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    WRC] 80. Rally Poland 2024 as we saw it

https://www.facebook.com/Videovmv/vi...35240694065395