Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    They said the same last year and we ended up having it in October...

I think the last place on the calendar is between CER and Croatia (my own speculation)

Liked 592 Times in 222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    There were events before governments started getting involved.
    By now it's just an auction and the highest bidders get an event. The FIA gets to charge such ridiculous amounts of money because some governments are desperate to get a rally. If all governments stopped pumping money into it, we would still have a comparable championship but the people in charge of the FIA wouldn't get as rich.

We don't need government money to have a rally, only to fill the pockets of greedy FIA people.
    Obviously everyone loves to kick the FIA for some reason, but you do realise that it is the WRC Promotors that get the fees and become rich. They are making as much money as they possibly can, it is a business to them, plus lots of them get paid to attend the events, travel around the world including possible candidate events, and have nice jollies on the side.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 689 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Obviously everyone loves to kick the FIA for some reason, but you do realise that it is the WRC Promotors that get the fees and become rich. They are making as much money as they possibly can, it is a business to them, plus lots of them get paid to attend the events, travel around the world including possible candidate events, and have nice jollies on the side.
    I'm sure the FIA make a lot of money out of it too. They're not a charity...

They would get money from Promoter, the Manufacturers, Events, competitors....

Liked 1,145 Times in 614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    And who picks the promotor?

Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    President of the Estonian Autosport Union Toivo Asmer, said this in the Delfi Rally Estonia magazine: "I believe that this year's ERC rally is quite a welcome break before the 2025 season and the subsequent WRC rallies. The organizers plan to do several things better again, and a little warm-up time will be very beneficial."

Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    WRC set to expand to 14 rounds for 2025 campaign https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...aign/10631092/

Liked 113 Times in 32 Posts
    Its a pity to see Croatia go, if true, it had become one of my favourite rallies on the calendar. Any idea if its expected to be back again soon?

Liked 1,545 Times in 886 Posts
    what happened to my post, why did it disappear?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,844 Times in 1,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    what happened to my post, why did it disappear?
    I can see that you have made post today at 8:24, but later it was deleted by you.

Liked 1,545 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I can see that you have made post today at 8:24, but later it was deleted by you.
    I was trying to edit it, not sure how I got it deleted, thanks though.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig