Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1209
    Liked 11,385 Times in 4,527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Humber View Post
    The Main WRC Class has been silly for quite a few years; now as well even the points system for the main wrc class. Leave the Rally1 for the big budgets and big attitudes etc.

I suggest an AP4 type system to run with the WRC Rally 2 class, Rally 2A to run the current Rally 2 and R5 cars and Rally 2B to allow AP4 type cars to be part of the 'Rally 2' class. Modify the AP4 rules to allow the 2B car to be slower than Rally2A. The 2B build budget to be far less than a WRC main class car. In NZ the AP4s have run Audi S1, Holden Barina, Mitsubishi Mirage, Mazda 2 (more regular cars Paddon's AP4 Hyundai i20, Skoda Fabia AP4, 2 & 4 door Ford Fiesta AP4, Toyota Yaris), made for Australia 2 door Mini. Rally 2B mainly aimed to be a semi-professional privateers tuners class so they can turn up with one off builds, BMWs, Tesla(with a 'class standard engine', Nissans etc converted to rally cars, play with their own engines, transmissions without having to air freight engines back to one European factory for checking etc.
    Rally2 must stay separated from the main WRC manufacturer competition. That's the only way to keep them affordable, level and privateer friendly. The sport can not afford to destroy Rally2 class and all other championships where they run for a very temporary boost of WRC level.

Also there was already a totally failed attempt to combine WRC cars with regional cars. It didn't bring cheaper WRC cars but it brough extremely expensive regional cars which the teams mostly couln't afford. We don't need to try that again (WRC/RRC).
    Last edited by Mirek; 15th June 2024 at 12:10.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: Backa (15th June 2024),EstWRC (15th June 2024),PLuto (17th June 2024)
    Liked 188 Times in 110 Posts
    "Everything is shit but nothing should change" seems to be the moto of the "level-headed" folks here

Liked 86 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kras View Post
    "Everything is shit but nothing should change" seems to be the moto of the "level-headed" folks here
    That's weird way to defend bad ideas.

Although some Working Group ideas were good if proposed earlier, late timing made them bad.

Liked 677 Times in 372 Posts
    I'd go with "Some things are understandably shit".

Things shall be changed but only a well prepared change announced reasonably early (at least two years ahead) makes sense.

7. Likes: Corcaíoch (15th June 2024),EstWRC (15th June 2024)
    Liked 831 Times in 397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That was pretty arrogant statement from you. How about it's you who don't know? How many international championships have you run to make statements like this?

WRC without manufacturers is dead because it can not live without their money and big sponsors. Privateers can never bring the funding needed to run the series with the current level of footage, current calendar etc., hence why whatever rules they must be manufacturer-oriented. Anything else will lead to reducing WRC into second ERC which is completely stupid idea when one healthy ERC already exists.
    Well, i could of course use other words, like incompetent, greedy, or "out for lunch", but the meaning is the same.

Of course i dont have run a international championship, neighter did you, i presume.

But, i've started 4 companies last 20 years, still running 2 of them, i know quite much how to run a business. I'm close to 50 years old, maybe i'm arrogant, i call it open, honest and direct speaking.

I've also run a quite big motorsportarrangement, we have run it 8 times i think, i also been a part of big arrangements in other sports, so i have my words safe i think.

The biggest problem is that it seems the promoter don't have a clear goal, and a steady way to that goal.
    "The customer has always right" some said once, that is wrong. Sometimes they have, but most of the times, they don't. The customers for the promoter is mainly the manufacturers, and they are afraid to make a decision that some not agree to, thats a bad way to run a business.
    Now i feel the manu's pushing the promoter around, noone are happy, noone have a clear goal, noone make the championship moves forward.

The other problem is that the manufacturers aren't interested in motorsport anymore, both due to not suitable cars, not suitable engines, and environmental politics.
    So, i mean, that a manufacturerbased championship is a dead road, they have to make new set of rules that can suit semi-manufacturers or importerbased team that want to compete..

My sugestion is from 2027: safetycell as is today. Eighter own engine from production or a standard FIA engine. Sustainable fuel.
    Less aero, less carbonfiber, normal sequensial gearbox, shorter suspension (not much, but enough to lower the speed)

And of course, no hybrid.

They need more customers, ia teams, if the team is named Toyota gazoo racing or opel prodrive wrt, or mitsubishi uk redbull i don't care, but they need more teams and more cars.
    Of course not everyone can win, but that is life. If that was the only goal, why are these other teams enter F1?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Well, i could of course use other words, like incompetent, greedy, or "out for lunch", but the meaning is the same.

Of course i dont have run a international championship, neighter did you, i presume.

But, i've started 4 companies last 20 years, still running 2 of them, i know quite much how to run a business. I'm close to 50 years old, maybe i'm arrogant, i call it open, honest and direct speaking.

I've also run a quite big motorsportarrangement, we have run it 8 times i think, i also been a part of big arrangements in other sports, so i have my words safe i think.

The biggest problem is that it seems the promoter don't have a clear goal, and a steady way to that goal.
    "The customer has always right" some said once, that is wrong. Sometimes they have, but most of the times, they don't. The customers for the promoter is mainly the manufacturers, and they are afraid to make a decision that some not agree to, thats a bad way to run a business.
    Now i feel the manu's pushing the promoter around, noone are happy, noone have a clear goal, noone make the championship moves forward.

The other problem is that the manufacturers aren't interested in motorsport anymore, both due to not suitable cars, not suitable engines, and environmental politics.
    So, i mean, that a manufacturerbased championship is a dead road, they have to make new set of rules that can suit semi-manufacturers or importerbased team that want to compete..

My sugestion is from 2027: safetycell as is today. Eighter own engine from production or a standard FIA engine. Sustainable fuel.
    Less aero, less carbonfiber, normal sequensial gearbox, shorter suspension (not much, but enough to lower the speed)

And of course, no hybrid.

They need more customers, ia teams, if the team is named Toyota gazoo racing or opel prodrive wrt, or mitsubishi uk redbull i don't care, but they need more teams and more cars.
    Of course not everyone can win, but that is life. If that was the only goal, why are these other teams enter F1?
    Thank you for reasonable argument. Calling people names is really unnecessary though.

Now you speak about 2027 rules but we know little about what they are working on for 2027. What if they come with the very same thing you just wrote down? What is the point of your attack then?

What FIA working group made really wrong is coming with this weird last minute proposal without having pre-mediated support from at least some manus. The fact that manufacturers refused that proposal and FIA backed away didn't mean that FIA was doing everything the manus wanted. In this case it's exactly the opposite because this proposal went directly against their will.

10. Likes: EstWRC (15th June 2024),lancia037 (15th June 2024),seb_sh (17th June 2024)
    Liked 12,355 Times in 5,324 Posts
    I admire your will Mirek to argue with the windmills here.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,206 Times in 972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I admire your will Mirek to argue with the windmills here.
    Yes, You are right.. ARGUE with everybody, but not giving any ideas or options for new gen cars.
    There have been many posts/questions about or how WRC future/cars should look like.. but there is only some master degree blabla.

,,Just give some years of time, everything will be good then!''

Dmn I miss Mr Adamo..
    Last edited by TypeR; 15th June 2024 at 20:49.

Liked 12,355 Times in 5,324 Posts
    i meant "argue" in a good way and he has always very good explanations and points unlike some others who think they know everything when they have started 4 companies and call FIA and etc people stupid and what not.

Please go and candidate to work also in FIA then if you think you have answers and solutions for everything.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -