Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1209
    Liked 853 Times in 452 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    That was before 1993, when only 5/6/7 best results counted and teams and not all rounds counted for both manufacturers and drivers titles. After 94, where all rounds count, it has never happened.
    I remember some guy, named Loeb.

2. Likes: becher (14th June 2024)
    Liked 677 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Take a look at the ERC from sweden, its much better in every way than todays WRC.
    Sorry to say, FIA has shot themselves in the foot, and limping around blind without a clue how to stop the bleeding.

Cut rally1 hybrid, if the manufacturers don't want that, cut them too, open up the rules who can build a rallycar, the manufacturers building Electric cars anyway, they don't care about motorsport anymore, if the WRC ending up as a professional nonmanufacturer series like Lemans or F1/F2 its fine for me.
    If some of the best drivers don't want to keep driving, thats also fine, not motivated drivers don't bring exitement anyway.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I won't beat the dead horse again by repeating over and over again the same reasons why all you wrote is wrong. Come on. It's been explained so many times that it hurts.

Same answer. Guys, why are you so ignorrant? Literally nobody in charge wants Rally2 as the top class. That idea is dead and burried for good.

4. Likes: EstWRC (14th June 2024)
    Liked 831 Times in 397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I really don't care what the topdudes want, they obviously don't know anything. At all. Let rhem kill the WRC then.
    Stupid people runs this. Sorry, someone has to say that.

Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

6. Likes: AndyRAC (14th June 2024)
    You want to see WRC merge with ERC. ERC already exists. So why are you here?

8. Likes: EstWRC (14th June 2024),lancia037 (14th June 2024)
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    The Main WRC Class has been silly for quite a few years; now as well even the points system for the main wrc class. Leave the Rally1 for the big budgets and big attitudes etc.

I suggest an AP4 type system to run with the WRC Rally 2 class, Rally 2A to run the current Rally 2 and R5 cars and Rally 2B to allow AP4 type cars to be part of the 'Rally 2' class. Modify the AP4 rules to allow the 2B car to be slower than Rally2A. The 2B build budget to be far less than a WRC main class car. In NZ the AP4s have run Audi S1, Holden Barina, Mitsubishi Mirage, Mazda 2 (more regular cars Paddon's AP4 Hyundai i20, Skoda Fabia AP4, 2 & 4 door Ford Fiesta AP4, Toyota Yaris), made for Australia 2 door Mini. Rally 2B mainly aimed to be a semi-professional privateers tuners class so they can turn up with one off builds, BMWs, Tesla(with a 'class standard engine', Nissans etc converted to rally cars, play with their own engines, transmissions without having to air freight engines back to one European factory for checking etc.

Liked 3,893 Times in 1,725 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Rally2 could've been made the top class from 2025 without pissing off the current Manufacturers who all already have these machines.

Skoda and Citroen (Stellantis) could've then come in as factory teams.

The WRC2 Rally2 Regs could've been tweaked for a bit more power and aero.

Privateers could've bought them off the Teams and competed on an equal level.
    This is nonsense. Because nobody from current Rally2 manufacturers wanted it. All the proposals made by "Richards commission" were not discussed with manufacturers and all other groups involved in this sport. It easily failed as it was bad from beginning and nobody wanted them. From beginning, the best way is to keep current Rally1 cars until the end of 2026 as it was originally planned and work now on new cars with proper regulations from 2027...

11. Likes: EstWRC (14th June 2024),lancia037 (14th June 2024),Mirek (15th June 2024)
    Liked 831 Times in 397 Posts
    No, i want WRC to be as good as ERC. Simple as that.

Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

13. Likes: AndyRAC (14th June 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    It easily failed
    If Hyundai signed up for another year or two it was a success.

Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
    haha good reference. i spent years on motocross foruns arguing about how the world championship is broken or how in american supercross they should ditch these 450cc 4strokes bikes.... but here in my house i actually only watch the 125cc 2strokes european championship haha modern times, we are all weird. we seek internet confirmation and confrontation, but nobody wants to figth about zanzoz vs mancini, they only talk about gasjer, jef and jorge prado hehe

Liked 11,388 Times in 4,528 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I really don't care what the topdudes want, they obviously don't know anything. At all. Let rhem kill the WRC then.
    Stupid people runs this. Sorry, someone has to say that.
    That was pretty arrogant statement from you. How about it's you who don't know? How many international championships have you run to make statements like this?

WRC without manufacturers is dead because it can not live without their money and big sponsors. Privateers can never bring the funding needed to run the series with the current level of footage, current calendar etc., hence why whatever rules they must be manufacturer-oriented. Anything else will lead to reducing WRC into second ERC which is completely stupid idea when one healthy ERC already exists.
    Last edited by Mirek; 15th June 2024 at 12:14.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

17. Likes: Backa (15th June 2024),EstWRC (15th June 2024),flat_right (15th June 2024),PLuto (17th June 2024),WRCStan (15th June 2024)