Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Personally I'm more disappointed that Japan isn't the last rally of the season anymore. Controversial, I guess, but I love Japan and it's crazy weather and narrow roads, and I also enjoyed that the first and last rallies of the season were both held on tarmac. It was good while it lasted...

Liked 1,571 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Personally I'm more disappointed that Japan isn't the last rally of the season anymore. Controversial, I guess, but I love Japan and it's crazy weather and narrow roads, and I also enjoyed that the first and last rallies of the season were both held on tarmac. It was good while it lasted...
    I'm more disapointed that Japan didn't capatlize on the fact it's a tarmac event and gave us night stages (and lots of them), which would be wayyyy more convinenet for every one watching in the old continent, espcially when you consider it being the season finale.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

3. Likes: TWRC (4th June 2024)
    Liked 677 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Rallying is a European sport whether one likes it or not
    Agree in the main, however I make a distinction between the sport and the series, and I meant that the series is in decline because of being too linked to Europe, not the sport. That has nothing to do with any fan's opinion.

France has Monte, Germany has CER, Spain will have Canarias, maybe Italy will have Roma, all very popular rallies...
    ACM has Monte and is in WRC for free/super low fee which the promoter has to compensate somewhere else. Germany has 1/3rd of CER and I'm not convinced it's a great earner for promoter either with being local. Canarias is a local organiser - I admit I don't know the support details on this for WRC, let's hope it lasts. Ireland also couldn't get theirs to pay. It's not a point about physical location - it's about decline of the ASN's abilities or desire to stage events like how it was in the past up until recent years.

Also that's such a bad mentality in my opinion. Complaining is the first step to change. Nobody ever complains, nothing ever changes, unless the ones above decide so.
    This is how I don't think people are getting my 2) point. You have no right to force change, it's not a democracy, you're not a shareholder. You will only ever be a consumer until the day you stop consuming. If you let the payment go through but signal you're not buying into it - and to the wrong people - you're a hypocrite.

Liked 695 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    "Rally Saudi Arabia is set to host the final round of next year’s expected 14-event championship in November and could be set to hold that berth for the next five years at least."

Autosport

Calendar should be done, TH at Autosport part of the circus. I trust this until it's proven wrong not right.
    Given how late calendars for past two years have been published, I doubt that calendar is anywhere near done as we speak. It's good of you to have so much trust, I only believe in things when I see them and even then half of what I see are likely to be hoaxes. Anyway, thanks for source, I'll be keeping an eye on this matter.

Liked 703 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Agree in the main, however I make a distinction between the sport and the series, and I meant that the series is in decline because of being too linked to Europe, not the sport. That has nothing to do with any fan's opinion.
    Can I ask what your basis for saying the 'series is in decline'? I just curious.

Is it just a judgement based purely because of 8 - 10 factory entered cars? Or is it evidence on audience / financial etc?

Because WRC2 seems to be booming, so is JWRC, and I don't see any evidence of decline in spectators numbers.....

Liked 677 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Can I ask what your basis for saying the 'series is in decline'? I just curious.

Is it just a judgement based purely because of 8 - 10 factory entered cars? Or is it evidence on audience / financial etc?

Because WRC2 seems to be booming, so is JWRC, and I don't see any evidence of decline in spectators numbers.....
    WRC2 and JWRC aren't significant earners for the series - JWRC isn't even WRC Promoter's and 4 of those entries are backed by FIA. At least in theory.

Something I keep coming back to in multiple threads is that there is no series without the Rally1 class. Whether that's big money manufacturers as tradition, the promotor's own entries in an FIA branded car with other revenue, or somewhere in between like now.

(European) Manufacturers don't want to take part.
    (European) Rallies can't or don't want to take part.
    ('' '') World Champions are reluctant to take part.

If the promoter has to stage the full show in the future - that is provide the cars, drivers and stages - it needs the revenue from other sources.

Where some European state ASNs are backing entries now in any class - how long can it realistically continue when the outlook doesn't look good?

8. Likes: steve.mandzij (5th June 2024)
    Liked 343 Times in 189 Posts
    Ireland back as a possibility for 2026?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorspo...s/cz55pkmyp8ro

Liked 2,299 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Ireland back as a possibility for 2026?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorspo...s/cz55pkmyp8ro
    Oh look, another article on a potential round in Ireland. Only heard similar articles for the past 4years or so....

11. Likes: Corcaíoch (9th June 2024),Eli (10th June 2024),EstWRC (7th June 2024),ipe (8th June 2024),J4MIE (7th June 2024),Tauri_J (9th June 2024),TWRC (10th June 2024),WRC1 (7th June 2024)
    Liked 9,562 Times in 5,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Oh look, another article on a potential round in Ireland. Only heard similar articles for the past 4years or so....
    Oh look another chance for er88 to slap down any positivity concerning the UK / Ireland chances.

At least the Irish are seriously trying and there is a real.possibility the WRC may come. The MI Rally Academy is doing well by supporting their drivers and the whole scene there is desperate to get the WRC back.

Liked 605 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Oh look another chance for er88 to slap down any positivity concerning the UK / Ireland chances.

At least the Irish are seriously trying and there is a real.possibility the WRC may come. The MI Rally Academy is doing well by supporting their drivers and the whole scene there is desperate to get the WRC back.
    Not sure I see the positivity - these checks were meant to have been don's before the last decision.
    A lot of young Irish are funded by a very very very very very (very) rich individual, not by the sport in Ireland itself.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!