Alonso 'proud' of 'well executed' race in Monza.
Aston Martin's Fernando Alonso is "proud" of a "well executed" race in Monza for the 2024 Italian Grand Prix.
1 Sept 2024
Formula One - Official Site (Video)

'Well executed race’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/al...06414697327423

Alonso would rather have upgrades than a strategy "brain" at Monza
Tyre mastery can’t compensate for Aston Martin’s deficit at Monza
Sep 1, 2024
Ben Vinel Jonathan Noble
Motorsport.com

Fernando Alonso says Aston Martin is lacking pure performance which tyre savviness cannot make up for at Formula 1's Italian Grand Prix. "I prefer to have an updated floor or rear wing than a brain at the moment," the two-time world champion said. "But it could be the case tomorrow that we see a different Monza.

"[On Friday] we were quite worried [about] all the teams, we saved two hard tyres for the race and we checked before qualifying that everyone did, so there is not an advantage anymore. So we are all in the same place.

"Probably one-stop is still the favourite, historically Monza has been like that. But if extreme graining happens, two stops is available for everyone with the tyres available. So I don't think that we will see many different strategies tomorrow. The tyres will dictate the race."

‘Upgrades than a strategy "brain"!’;

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...onza/10650124/

Alonso won't confirm Newey’s arrival: 'They are only rumours'
2 Sept 2024
Corwin Kunst
GPblog.com

Fernando Alonso hoped after last year's strong start to the season that he would eventually be able to really fight for the Formula 1 world title again at Aston Martin, but that hope has come to an end this season - at least for now. The British team is somewhat in no-man's land, but the two-time world champion is patient and believes better times are coming. Whether that will be with or without Adrian Newey, the Spaniard cannot or will not say.

Alonso acknowledges that this is the situation Aston Martin is in. "Yeah, of course, nothing we can do. I mean, we are in our team's hands, and I think Lance and myself, we're trying to do the best we can every weekend. But I think this year we've been, Lance and myself, very close, two or three seconds away at the end of the race, either in front or behind. Today was one of those weekends that I was a little bit better, and I was happy with the car and pushing to the level that maybe was beyond 100%, and that was P11."

Rumours of Adrian Newey's arrival are getting louder by the week. But they are not more than rumours, according to Alonso. "Well, still only rumours. And I think it's not only one man's job to fix the things [the current problems]," said the world championship number nine after 15 races. Virtually nothing about the rules will change in 2025. Does that mean there won't be much to gain for Aston Martin next year either? "Well, I think we still have time to react. It's only the end of August. It's the first of September. “

‘Rumours';

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/29893...situation.html

Even Newey won't be quick fix for Aston Martin says Alonso
2 Sep 2024
GrandPrix.com

Explaining his Italian GP, Alonso said he expected to be 16th or 17th at the chequered flag - but ultimately he managed maybe my best race of 2024 and finished P11. “Tomorrow”, Alonso said, "I will be the only one who remembers 'Alonso's Monza 2024'. Our car eats up the tyres, we slide in the corners, we have no grip. We have hardly any strong points.”

“Let's see if there is a response, some action, and not always coming with the same car”, he added. As for those intensifying Newey rumours, Alonso warned that there are no silver bullets in Formula 1. “I think it's not just one person's job to fix things”, he answered, when asked about the rising prospect of the famous 65-year-old Briton wearing green from 2025.

“It's more about what we have now, what we're producing, understanding what's going in the right direction, what's going in the wrong direction, and trying to prepare for 2025 in a better way”, Alonso concluded.

‘Even Newey won't be quick fix’;

https://www.grandprix.com/news/even-...ys-alonso.html

Alonso: “Painful” to drop out of Monza F1 points after second stop
3 Sep 2024
Adam Cooper's F1 Blog

Fernando Alonso admits that it was “painful” to miss the points in the Formula 1 Italian GP after stopping twice when his immediate rivals were able to make a one-stop work. Nevertheless the Spaniard admitted that the outcome was better than he had anticipated. “Today is much, much better than expected,” he said when asked by this writer about his race.

“I think the execution of the race was really good for us. We got lucky with the start, a very good start, we overtook Nico, and then we were 10th, and close to Alex. So we kept the pace, surprisingly, with the Williams, so happy with that. And then we undercut him.We were running ninth for the majority of the race.”

“And then we opted for two stops, we could not make it on one with our tyre degradation. We tried to catch at the end. And eight-tenths from Albon, one-tenth from Magnussen. So P11, only one second away of P9, which is very painful to lose the points, because I think we deserved it in a way, with a well-executed race. But the car is what it is at the moment, and we need to get better.”

“Painful”;

https://adamcooperf1.com/2024/09/03/...r-second-stop/

Alonso airs upcoming concern after making 'not good enough' claim
No messing about with words here from Fernando as usual ahead of the races in Baku and Singapore
3 Sep 2024
Ian Parkes
RacingNews365

Fernando Alonso has delivered a "not good enough" message to Aston Martin following a run of grands prix around the fringes of the top 10 that has left him concerned ahead of the upcoming street races in Baku and Singapore. Asked whether he was expecting the car to perform better at the street circuits, he bluntly replied:

"No. Until we have an upgrade on the car, this is what it is, and this is not good enough. Not good enough in Monza, not good in Zandvoort, in Spa, in Hungary. So I don't think there's going to be a big change in Baku, Singapore or Austin, unless we bring new parts. That's the plan.”

"The team is aware of the situation, the team is working flat out. We keep united, we keep pushing. Last weekend [Dutch GP] was one point, here [Monza] we were close to two points, and that will be our battle."

‘No messing about with words’;

https://racingnews365.com/alonso-air...d-enough-claim

Fernando Alonso sympathetic towards Kevin Magnussen after controversial race ban
Fernando Alonso has offered a sympathetic view towards Kevin Magnussen following his race ban.
3 Sep 2024
Connor McDonagh
Crash.Net

Two-time F1 world champion Fernando Alonso expressed sympathy for Kevin Magnussen after the Haas driver was handed a race ban for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

“Someone told me he got a 10 seconds penalty. I'm a bit surprised for that because he tried, but it was a bit of wheel to wheel and in the end I really didn't lose any time. I'm a bit surprised,” Fernando Alonso said.

“I hope somehow they can revert on that because that will would be definitely unfair. I'll be happy to do- I'll see what I can do. That will feel very unfair for the incident that it was.”

‘Fernando Alonso sympathetic’;

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/105456...rsial-race-ban

Alonso: Aston struggling to beat Williams and Haas is not acceptable
Alonso can accept Aston Martin not mingling with the top four teams yet but isn't keen on fighting humbler midfield squads
Sep 4, 2024
Ben Vinel Oleg Karpov
Motorsport.com

Fernando Alonso has lamented Aston Martin’s position in the Formula 1 pecking order with the team struggling to keep the upper hand on its midfield rivals. Alonso confessed to feeling somewhat powerless trying to get the best of a midfield car but doesn’t want to settle for a fight with smaller outfits.

“Of course, nothing we can do,” the Spaniard said. “We are in our team's hands, and I think Lance and myself, we’re trying to do the best we can every weekend. One inspired weekend, like this one from my side, I know it's going to be 'completely anonymous Monza 2024 from Alonso'.

“But I think this year we've been – Lance and myself – very close, and [in Monza] it was one of those weekends that I was a little bit better and I was happy with the car and pushing to the level that maybe was beyond 100% and that was P11, so disappointed on that.

‘Fernando Alonso has lamented Aston Martin’s position’;

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...able/10650989/