The cracks are showing in all the teams fighting at the top right now.

Merc screwed up with short fueling George so he couldn't complete more laps as the track dried up.

RB left Max out when they could have easily covered Lewis and instead decided to have him make up time after being undercut twice.

McLaren made a crap show out of being overly cautious, and the way they went about it was embarrassing to say the least.

Overall still an interesting race. Oscar made his mark on Lando quickly and never looked back until they gave Lando the undercut. Once RB screwed Max up Lewis frustrated him enough that he pushed the issue when he probably didn't have to. He had time on his side and got frustrated, and it hurt him in the end. As for the defending.... it's Hungary. Lewis defended and that's all he had to do. Though Lewis did seem to move a bit when the contact happened, Max was cooking in way too hot and washed towards Lewis some as well. I think they were right in racing incident, as the final contact what somewhat on both of them. Max was already in too hot, Lewis could have moved to avoid him but didn't, and Max paid the price. Similar to Austria really, except that it would have been much easier for Lando to avoid contact, and Lewis this time had the disadvantage of not being able to clearly see Max's exact trajectory as he steamed up the inside.

As for McLaren... just make the decision and go with it. There was really nothing wrong with playing it safe and pitting Lando first, but the groveling and begging on the radio was just insane. Being they screwed Oscar with the strategy, they should have just ordered them to reverse position within a lap or two. If Lando ignored the first call, the second call should have been from Stella. Then let them battle to the end if Lando was actually quicker.... simple. I actually think it's comical that both Lando and Stella tried to act as if it was never a question at all, when we all heard the radio exchanges. Team orders are legal, make the order and make it clear to the driver they will face consequences if they don't follow it.

Ferrari picked up the scraps they could, but are obviously not as quick as the top 3 teams right now. Both George and Perez did well to come though the pack, and Yuki and Lance had decent races to fill up the top 10.

It's a shame that McLaren played that they way they did. I think Oscar had Lando's number had they not played the strategy so wildly, and it will now give some people doubt. For me, I think it was Oscar's race and they just swapped them back to what would have been. Still it sucks to have such a controversial mess attached to a first full length win, but hopefully Oscar doesn't mind much. With both Merc and McLaren having strong driver pairings, it makes me wonder if they just tolerated Perez at Red Bull to allow someone else to take the WCC so they can get some more CFD and wind tunnel time for the last season of the current regs. With the cars converging at the front finally it might make sense to just accept that the WDC alone can bring them money, and most likely Max can do it alone.