Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 9,369 Times in 4,982 Posts
    A nice close battle all rally between the French guys. Very impressive pace against the locals. Even Paddon couldn't get anywhere near.

A good solid event for Jon Armstrong too, beating quite a few of the big names like Ostberg, Llarena, Cais, Mares, Sesks & Lukyanuk.

Liked 132 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    A nice close battle all rally between the French guys. Very impressive pace against the locals. Even Paddon couldn't get anywhere near.

A good solid event for Jon Armstrong too, beating quite a few of the big names like Ostberg, Llarena, Cais, Mares, Sesks & Lukyanuk.
    Yes, a very nice close battle in Gran Canaria, next year WRC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I appreciate the high speed accuracy on these roads which have no room for error. A lot of the drivers have said it's their favourite tarmac rally. Plus watching them and the scenery is pretty spectacular, especially from the heli.
    I agree with you.

Rally Islas Canarias is the favourite rally of Bonato, he always talks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    i have no Idea what this Rally has to offer WRC next year...there are a few interesting Tarmac Rallye´s, but this is definitly boring, zero excitement
    I disagree with you.

I'll give you a summary:

- The stages of Gran Canaria are very technical and fast, with stunning views of ravines and landscapes.
    - On the island there may be changes in weather depending on the altitude, in fact, Gran Canaria is known as a "Miniature Continent"
    - After 200 km of stages, 8 drivers have finished the rally with a difference of less than 1 minute, the first two drivers separated by only 2.8 seconds.
    - The WRC will visit one of the most beautiful and most tourist island in the World, Gran Canaria, more than 4.5 million tourists come to the island every year.
    - Canarian rally fans know the drivers and the rallies very well, there is a "rally culture” on the island. For more than 40 years in the ERC.
    - The media make a great follow-up of the rally, live TV, radio, newspapers (even coverpages) etc....
    - There are connection with 25 countries and 170 airports that will make it very easy for fans to come to Gran Canaria
    - The WRC will be a great success in Gran Canaria.
    Last edited by 106 sport; Yesterday at 18:27.

5. Likes: Eli (Today),J4MIE (Today),manthey (Today),Morte66 (Today)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Same, it's not very exiting to watch
    I don't agree, read the text above

Liked 358 Times in 193 Posts
    Maybe the official coverage didnt make the most of the island and the rally and once again it was other creators who came up with some great footage. Tarmac is a contentious surface for some especially the further North you come from however having visited those stages I can say that in the flesh they are less than boring. I love Ypres but you could hardly say its run in a pretty part of the world. If the WRC wanted spectacular tarmac roads it could have given a round to Ireland however we all know where that went. I think the WRC crews will love it (even maybe Tanak) so will reserve judgement until the circus lands next year.

8. Likes: J4MIE (Today)
    Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Maybe the official coverage didnt make the most of the island and the rally and once again it was other creators who came up with some great footage. Tarmac is a contentious surface for some especially the further North you come from however having visited those stages I can say that in the flesh they are less than boring. I love Ypres but you could hardly say its run in a pretty part of the world. If the WRC wanted spectacular tarmac roads it could have given a round to Ireland however we all know where that went. I think the WRC crews will love it (even maybe Tanak) so will reserve judgement until the circus lands next year.
    Speaking of next year, does anyone know when they’re planning to run the event?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig