PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Marcus Brigstock?

Camelopard
10th February 2008, 10:57
Who ever he is this is quite funny:

http://www.barechoons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=2#josc291

:) :) :)

inimitablestoo
10th February 2008, 11:26
British comedian, best known for... well, actually, he's done quite a few things, but in truth he's not really that well known for any of them. He did a sitcom that flopped, a satirical news show with Anne "Weakest Link" Robinson that flopped, the odd bit of radio and the brilliant We Are History on BBC2 (a spoof of the modern "cool" TV historians and programmes like Time Team in essence). Has had a bit of success with Trevor McDonald's News Knight on ITV (in essence, a similar format to the Robinson show, but hosted by somebody who could carry it off).

MrJan
10th February 2008, 11:52
He's also on something on BBC4. Mostly though he's a sort of under the radar comedian that not many people know of.

BDunnell
10th February 2008, 12:41
I think he's rather good, having appeared on several Radio 4 programmes I like and Have I Got News for You, and done very well on all. I'm not a fan of The Late Edition which he presents on BBC4, though, and that thing with Anne Robinson was truly horrendous.

Dave B
10th February 2008, 12:44
He's also on something on BBC4.
The Late Edition - I saw it live after we'd been to something-or-other at the BBC and an audience researcher was desperately trying to fill the studio just a few minutes before they went on air. He's a very funny and under-rated chap, and if you get the chance you really should listen to Giles Wemmbley-Hogg (2 M's, 2 G's) Goes Off on Radio Four.

MrJan
10th February 2008, 14:39
That's the one. Don't tend to watch it as not a huge fan, although I agree that he is funny I'll usually watch something else or nothing at all.

inimitablestoo
11th February 2008, 19:39
If you get the chance you really should listen to Giles Wemmbley-Hogg (2 M's, 2 G's) Goes Off on Radio Four.

Or indeed the repeats on BBC7, Wednesdays I think. Until last week it followed on from another of his shows, one I'd not heard before, the Museum of Everything, which was, appropriately perhaps, good in parts.