PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kalkhoven

lele
8th February 2008, 23:48
I am so tired of this guy. I hate Tony George, but I've grown to despise Kevin and Gerry and Paul G. just as much. There are several ways to get around the issue of Long Beach and Japan being on the same date, including making both races non points events. To sacrifice all for one race is just selfish. I am a customer of Champ Car and I have to say that I feel ignored and compromised by the ignorance and dillusional thoughts of Kevin and friends. The series is now a laughing stock. I buy Long Beach tix every year and really wish I could return them. For him to say "...but I believe there are also significant advantages in not doing it" regarding the merger shows his utter disrespect for the racing fans, drivers and community as a whole.

sanguin
9th February 2008, 01:06
I am so tired of this guy. I hate Tony George, but I've grown to despise Kevin and Gerry and Paul G. just as much. There are several ways to get around the issue of Long Beach and Japan being on the same date, including making both races non points events. To sacrifice all for one race is just selfish. I am a customer of Champ Car and I have to say that I feel ignored and compromised by the ignorance and dillusional thoughts of Kevin and friends. The series is now a laughing stock. I buy Long Beach tix every year and really wish I could return them. For him to say "...but I believe there are also significant advantages in not doing it" regarding the merger shows his utter disrespect for the racing fans, drivers and community as a whole.

So you want ugly dallaras at LB? no thanks.

lele
9th February 2008, 01:28
it would be fun just to have more than 15 cars, half of them non-competitive.

sanguin
9th February 2008, 01:30

No it wouldn't. At least in CC everyone has a chance to win without field fillers.

And the cars don't fly.

indycool
9th February 2008, 02:23
lele, this was posted on another forum regarding Miller's story and KK...WNDE is a radio station in Indianapolis:

"Miller was just on 1260 WNDE. Miller said, don't believe the comments of KK being quoted by other news outlets. Not that those KK quotes are misquoted, but more that KK is flat out lying. Miller said, he presented his story to KK. KK had no issue with the story at that time. Then KK starts coming out bashing Miller's story. Miller said, KK's problem is that he said nothing to any of the CC teams. The CC teams knew nothing about deal in the last couple of days until Miller called each of them with the story. Miller said, KK was covering his own butt."

lele
9th February 2008, 02:31
That's awesome. Thanks INDYCOOL.

I still say that the 15 car field in champ car is lame. I'm sorry to say that because I have been a die hard CC fan, but there are maybe 4 good teams. It's great to be loyal but when you don't see the reality, you're just being foolish. If the IRL has the same amount of quality teams, wouldn't you love to see 8 awesome teams have a shot at a win each week? It's better racing. And besides, the drivers want it so badly.

anthonyvop
9th February 2008, 02:42
lele, this was posted on another forum regarding Miller's story and KK...WNDE is a radio station in Indianapolis:

"Miller was just on 1260 WNDE. Miller said, don't believe the comments of KK being quoted by other news outlets. Not that those KK quotes are misquoted, but more that KK is flat out lying. Miller said, he presented his story to KK. KK had no issue with the story at that time. Then KK starts coming out bashing Miller's story. Miller said, KK's problem is that he said nothing to any of the CC teams. The CC teams knew nothing about deal in the last couple of days until Miller called each of them with the story. Miller said, KK was covering his own butt."

I have one question.....

WHy would anybody believe what Robin Miller has to say?

Chaparral66

If this is true, IC, then it shows how the egos are still at work in this thing; and the problem for the deal to go through is not only scheduling, but everyone saving face.

Chaparral66
I have one question.....

Can you point to anything that he has got wrong?

gofastandwynn
9th February 2008, 03:06
No it wouldn't. At least in CC everyone has a chance to win without field fillers.

And the cars don't fly.

Oh, Legge had a chance to win every week? Yea, CC was more competitive, that is why the same guy won the championship 4 years in a row...

And you know what kid, I would rather have 4 cars flip and the driver walkaway than a guy to hit a wall and 35mph and break his back...Do you want to keep on playing this game?

gofastandwynn
9th February 2008, 03:07
And the cars don't fly.

They don't?

http://gallery.mac.com/jstephen3/100024/RoadAmericaCCWS-378/web.jpg

I see 2 cars flying, you see that's what happens open wheel cars touch wheels...

Chaparral66
9th February 2008, 03:09
They must have used Red Bull for fuel... :D

FlatChatRacer
9th February 2008, 03:14
As I said in another thread, the Champ Car owners are at the negotiating table because the series is in a dire financial state.

That will become clear in the next few weeks or months.

I think that what we are seeing is a pure business move to limit the losses that the owners could have faced, if they tried to run Champ Car this year.

weeflyonthewall
9th February 2008, 03:41

Miller's stirring it up for more camera time on Speedweek.

Cart750hp
9th February 2008, 03:50
I have one question.....

Compare to KK? RM's words are more credible than any KK's words. RM said KK was lying.....I believe that.

I have one question to you. When was the last time KK didn't lie?

HiWayStar
9th February 2008, 03:59
They don't?

http://gallery.mac.com/jstephen3/100024/RoadAmericaCCWS-378/web.jpg

I see 2 cars flying, you see that's what happens open wheel cars touch wheels...

Guarantee you this: neither of these cars wound up upside down. (That's RA; I was there)

Can the same be said for the cra...IRL cars...??? Hint: ask Dario...X2...

beachbum
9th February 2008, 04:08
So you want ugly dallaras at LB? no thanks.I want to see open wheel cars at Long Beach and if CCWS continues on its current path, that won't be for much longer.

Cart750hp
9th February 2008, 04:20
Guarantee you this: neither of these cars wound up upside down. (That's RA; I was there)

Oh we know you were probably on a nice spot watching Cristiano DaMatta hitting a deer and almost got himself killed.... Oh, sorry, that was just a practice or testing. Didn't know.

Please. Drop the dose of KoolAid for a sec and read your post. First, you guys hate IRL because they tend to be in accident more than CC. Ever thought of the reason is IRL cars are on highspeed than CC? Of course being one-sided, you have to ignore the fact. Anyhow, second thing, you don't like IRL cars because they fly? They posted a picture of CC taking off and now you say....neither cars wound up upside down. What's next on your hate the IRL cars list?

gofastandwynn
9th February 2008, 04:22

Were the cars going 200 mph? No and come to think of it has the Dp-01 ever hit 200?

Did Dario walk away every time?

HiWayStar
9th February 2008, 04:35
Were the cars going 200 mph? No and come to think of it has the Dp-01 ever hit 200?

No. Can they change a gear ratio? Then they can go 200. Point is, the picture was a stupid comparison.

Did Dario walk away every time?

Did Mario? Kenny Brack? (Won't mention the others...out of respect...we both know who I mean) The lawn darts fly & flip. DP01's? Not so far, at least...and the way things are going, we'll never get a chance to find out.

gofastandwynn
9th February 2008, 04:59
No. Can they change a gear ratio? Then they can go 200. Point is, the picture was a stupid comparison.

Did Mario? Kenny Brack? (Won't mention the others...out of respect...we both know who I mean) The lawn darts fly & flip. DP01's? Not so far, at least...and the way things are going, we'll never get a chance to find out.

No, the point is that a DP-01 has never gotten to high speeds and no one knows what will happen to it it it gets sideways at high speed. No cc track is fast enough to get to over 200. Nascar, Lemans, NHRA, F1 have all flipped under aerodynamic strain of a high speed crash.

Oh, and out of respect you won't go further? I guess you have no respect for Kenny Brack then huh? Racing accidents happen, and for you to use them in an argument shows a complete lack of class. But you want play that game, fine. Of course, I didn't see anyone crash at a street race a 30mph and break their back in a dallara, can the DP say the same (Won't mention the name...out of respect...we both know who I mean) :rolleyes:

Albert D. Kallal
9th February 2008, 07:24
That's awesome. Thanks INDYCOOL.

I still say that the 15 car field in champ car is lame. I'm sorry to say that because I have been a die hard CC fan, but there are maybe 4 good teams. It's great to be loyal but when you don't see the reality, you're just being foolish. If the IRL has the same amount of quality teams, wouldn't you love to see 8 awesome teams have a shot at a win each week? It's better racing. And besides, the drivers want it so badly.

Actually, last year was one of the most competitive years we’ve had a long time. I have to assume that most of this was the result of the new car.

Let’s take a look at some simple numbers here in terms of competitiveness:

* We had a 3 way points tie at mid season. When the last time that happened?

* We had 5 different race winners, when is the last time that happened?

* We had 7 different teams on the podium. When is the last time that happened?

That doesn’t sound to me like one team was dominating here. The fact of the matter is up to mid season we had a three way points tie ( Sebastian, Will Power, Robert Doornbos).

It just seems to me is that when I look at the race results from last year, it doesn’t support that there was simply a lack of competition on any given weekend. In fact even some bottom feeder teams put Bruno on the podium!
I don’t have any stats for the IRL, but some can perhaps look them up and post them here (and it’s likely not a whole lot of appropriate to bring up the IRL numbers for this debate anyway). Suffice to say I don’t think the IRL had the number of teams on the podium like we did.

In fact I’m hard pressed to remember a year that was more competitive and close than last year. If you have historic results and statistics that show the last time we had a three way tie at mid season, then I am all ears.

It also possible that my perception of last year’s competition is somewhat different than yours, however I have at least put some fourth some actual real hard numbers that supports my suspicions that things were close competition wise.

It has been a good number of years since I can remember the level competition that we have like last year.

The only real villain here was when Will Power and Doornbos absolutely started to grenade their chances with a long string of mistakes and mechanical failures. These failures resulted in them giving up the Vanderbilt cup to Sebastian on a silver platter.

Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
kallal@msn.com

FerrrariF1
9th February 2008, 19:51

You enjoy IRL races? So the IRL is that much more successful? They have what one or two cars more per race than Champcar due to George and Andretti running 3 and 4 cars each? One due to Honda's money and the other due to George's money. So how many more teams does the IRL have running week in and week out? They staged the rules to do their best to allow Danica to win (weight rules) than state that they will do the same as the other series in weighting the driver and car together so everyone is equal yet that also turns into a farse as it turns out to be an average weight.

In the end George is pulling out all the stops to prevent Honda from leaving. He is doing this by trying to work out a deal with KK and GF while behind their backs is using Miller for his propoganda and trying to work backroom deals with Champcar teams to buy them away. Yet he leaves those teams that supported him fall by the wayside.

You call this an honest individual who wants what's best for open wheeled racing in the United States? I for one will NEVER follow any series that is run by the most dishonest man in racing.

jimispeed
9th February 2008, 19:58
Gawd, this is stupid!!!!