PDA

View Full Version : Miikka Anttila's co-driving

A.F.F.
8th February 2008, 21:17
This question is directed to those with experience and knowledge of co-driving.

If you watch the in-car material from Sweden, you can see/hear Miikka Anttila repeating the notes very often to Latvala. Do you think that's only temporary or is it the way Anttila reads the notes. Or, is it something Latvala needs ? And do you think it's necessary. Listening him reading wasn't very clear.

I ask because I have no knowledge how Anttila has read the notes before.

PLuto
8th February 2008, 21:57
This question is directed to those with experience and knowledge of co-driving.

If you watch the in-car material from Sweden, you can see/hear Miikka Anttila repeating the notes very often to Latvala. Do you think that's only temporary or is it the way Anttila reads the notes. Or, is it something Latvala needs ? And do you think it's necessary. Listening him reading wasn't very clear.

I ask because I have no knowledge how Anttila has read the notes before.

Usually depends on driver, what he can hear and how. And codriver must adapt to it.

urabus-denoS2000
8th February 2008, 23:50
Yes it depends on the driver

COD
9th February 2008, 00:21
Maybe Latvala has bad memory despite his young age...

To be serious, I think Anttila is very clear in reading notes, one of the best there is at moment.

OldF
9th February 2008, 01:36
This is the same that Timo was doing whit Marcus at places where special attention was needed.

A.F.F.
9th February 2008, 08:21
This is the same that Timo was doing whit Marcus at places where special attention was needed.

Ok. Anttila's rythm of reading the notes is a bit different from Rautiainen's, it just hit my ear.

DonJippo
9th February 2008, 10:34
Ok. Anttila's rythm of reading the notes is a bit different from Rautiainen's, it just hit my ear.

I find it a bit monotonic.

Daniel
9th February 2008, 12:56
I think rhythm is very important with notes. I think if you brain gets used to processing words at a certain speed then you ask it to do things slower or faster it has an effect on your concentration.

Take Chris Atkinson. When he was in the ARC with his brother co-driving he was nowhere near as erratic as he was in the first 2 years of his career.

Good rhythm (Phil Mills)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnkxsDDh7Mc

Bad rhythm. Seems like a tape that's playing and is being speeded up and slowed down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZZ2Ck_ecU

rbatista82
10th February 2008, 12:03
I think that Daniel as said something very important. Driver's brain as to process all information, and some drivers can do it listening just one single time a single pacenote, but others, have to listen two or three times, regarding the tipe of stage.

In the case of Glenn Mcaneall, as you know, is was "fire out" of Subaru last year in Portugal. The real reason was is lack of rhythm on the notes. Some can reach the WRC's, other don't, but is still is a good co-driver.

Duby
17th February 2008, 13:09
pace-notes is some sort of speaking and understanding between the driver and the co-driver.

its really depends on the crew how to write the notes and how to read them.

i am a co-drivering in a rally car in Israel and i am reading allmost every corner twice (if i have time).
the first time is just after the last call and the next time is just before the corner , it helps the driver to understand what he is going to meet and do .

in fast stages not all the time i have enough time to read twice but its not makes us any bad (for now...)

duby

GruppoB
17th February 2008, 20:53
i normaly dont repeat but cuaitions and stuff are all in my drivers mother tongue turkish.

so it all depends.