PDA

View Full Version : Problems loading Videos on Nascar.com?

JG Fan
8th February 2008, 10:31
Hi can some one help I have been unable to load any videos on nascar.com for about two months now and with the seasons about to start I am getting desperate for my Nascar fix. Does any one know why I cant load the videos or have any suggestions on how I can fix it?

Any help is much appreciated thank you.

colinspooky
8th February 2008, 11:04
probably because you haven't paid for them?

/sorry, no idea, just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised :o

Jamie Brown
9th February 2008, 11:30
i have the same problem JG fan.............. :(

tassiedevilAB
9th February 2008, 11:37
I am having the same trouble as all you, wtf is going on at that site, i always had my nascar fix watching the vids, tried to see the SMOKE & BUSCH WRECK BUT IT WILL NOT LOAD UP,
IT HAS BEEN DOING THIS SINCE THE END OF THE SEASON......no bloody vids to see & yet there has been plenty of stuff on the vids i would have liked to have seen?

JovialJooles
9th February 2008, 11:57
This is weird.

I've watched some vids since the end of the season, but now I can't view them either.

I wonder if it is an overseas rights issue?

Julian

Simmi
9th February 2008, 12:40
I was just having this same problem today. Downloaded the very newest media player but it isnt that.

For people who want to watch the practice wrecks they are on youtube. The race rewinds from last year work but the newer stuff doesn't which is a bit annoying.

Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

RaceFanStan
9th February 2008, 14:30
Guys, it must be an issue for people outside the USA.
The videos work for me, my guess is that nascar.com is still "working on things".
I just watched the Bowyer/Newman crash & the the Stewart/Busch fiasco.

tstran17_88
9th February 2008, 15:01
It may be an issue with the version of Windows you are using too. I have AT&T DSL and I use their browser and for the longest time I couldn't see video that used Adobe Flash. But I also had the same issue if I tried using the IE browser.

AT&T customer service tried helping out, but we couldn't come up with anything. The settings they had me change were in IE.

I use XP, but have no clue which version it is since it's set up for automatic updates. About two months ago, I was able to see video again, like from You Tube. So I'm assuming Microsoft sent a patch through somewhere at that point.

tstran17_88
9th February 2008, 15:17
P.S. I couldn't watch any of the video from Nascar.com until my problem with Adobe and/or IE was solved.

JG Fan
10th February 2008, 10:31
Okay I have just tried putting the new version of windows media player on that hasn’t helped.

Cole_Trickle
10th February 2008, 13:05
Same problem here, I've had the ad before the Bud Shootout 'Race Rewind' to work, but it stops afer the ad and I still get nothing...

tstran17_88
10th February 2008, 16:03
I was always trying to download the latest version of Adobe Flash, which didn't solve the issue. The only other thing I can think of is doing an engine search of the problem. Somebody out there should know how to fix it. That avenue has worked for me in the past with getting rid of viruses that McAfee didn't catch.

JG Fan
10th February 2008, 17:57
I just sent an email of to Nascar.com asking for help to solve the problem. If you guys can do the same maybe we will get some were.

[email:2eo5zq17]customer.support@nascar.cust-serv.com[/email:2eo5zq17] (this is the only email address I can find)

JG Fan
11th February 2008, 09:33
I have just had the eamil back from Nascar.com it reads

'Dear NASCAR.COM Customer,

Thank youfor contacitng nascar.com customer service..i do apologize ..we have been made aware that the video's are not working and they are trying to get theat resolved soon..and again i do apologize and we thank youfor contacting nascar.com and you have a great day'

so I guess we just need to wait them to fix figures crossed it is soon.

tstran17_88
13th February 2008, 04:24
Cool beans! Hopefully they get it fixed.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
13th February 2008, 11:16
Funny thing is they are still adding videos. Whats the point of adding videos if it doesnt work.Why not fix it first?.

raybak
13th February 2008, 21:52
Still not working for me.

71minus2
13th February 2008, 23:10
it stopped working for me with the new IE7 update. Thankfully Youtube had the vid on it so just check there until NASCAR.com fixes their tech issue.

Rapier Racer
14th February 2008, 21:46
Doesn't work for me either, I use Firefox.

iouou
16th February 2008, 22:23
I've the same problem with every OS (Mac OS .5, Windows XP and Linux).
No way with windows. Doesn't work with linux (Mplayer and VLC) and same way for Mac OS (QuickTime (with WMV), VLC, Mplayer & Windows media player).
Really ... i don't understand !!!

I've try to use a US Proxy (because i'm in france) but the result is the same.

With VLC, i've got this error message (with the .asx) :

main: no suitable access module for `http://wm-od.cdn.turner.com/nascar/big/truck/2008/02/15/cts.day.winner.nascar.ws.wmv'
access_http: error: HTTP/1.1 403 Not Authorized
access_http: error: HTTP/1.1 403 Not Authorized
access_mms: error: HTTP/1.1 403 Not Authorized

So ... if you have an idea ...

chrismayu
23rd February 2008, 21:59
hello

I have been having the same problem for about a three months now. Even after i reinstalled WinXP i still had the same problem. I hope Nascar can address the problem soon

if any one has any luck let us know!!!!

althepodracer
25th February 2008, 16:46
same problem here, very frustrating

JG Fan
9th March 2008, 15:39
Hi just to let you know the video's are working again for me Try them for yourself.

RaceFanStan
9th March 2008, 16:54
I never had a problem seeing anything I wanted to see. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Jamie Brown
10th March 2008, 18:23
they are working for me now as well!