PDA

View Full Version : Piquet purchases private plane

Rudy Tamasz
8th February 2008, 08:14
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080207091543.shtml

Junior has yet to drive a F1 race but he's already bought himself a plane. First I thought, wow, the guy's gonna do himself no good being larger than life. But then I decided that F1 has long been missing that kind of rock star splendid attitude. Like father, like son, the history repeats.

Dave B
8th February 2008, 08:26
It could be a worthwhile purchase if it saves him from the horror of airport check-in queues; on the other hand we've seen how easy it is for a young driver to be distracted by the trinkets and baubles which come with money. Ah well, let him have some fun!

leopard
8th February 2008, 09:15

Junior has yet to drive a F1 race but he's already bought himself a plane. First I thought, wow, the guy's gonna do himself no good being larger than life. But then I decided that F1 has long been missing that kind of rock star splendid attitude. Like father, like son, the history repeats.
When did you start liking BSB and boyzone?

AJP
9th February 2008, 01:01
If you've got the coin to spend on your own jet...while the hell not..

I would.. :)

maxu05
9th February 2008, 02:09
If you've got the coin to spend on your own jet...while the hell not..

I would.. :)

I agree 100%. If you had the cash to buy your own jet, s... yeah !

ChrisS
9th February 2008, 12:39
A bit strange for a rookie, but a common thing for the world of F1, a lot of drivers and team bosses have private jets.

DonJippo
9th February 2008, 17:58

Actually does it say in the text that Nelson bought it? Papers here said it was given to him as sponsorship from TAM.

Mark
9th February 2008, 22:37
No driver takes scheduled flights if they don't have thier own plane then the team will.

Rudy Tamasz
11th February 2008, 08:21
Actually does it say in the text that Nelson bought it? Papers here said it was given to him as sponsorship from TAM.

I'm confused. I swear by my morning tea that when I first opened this news item, the text was different and there was no mention of TAM. Still, the headline goes on to indicate the purchase.

Rudy Tamasz
11th February 2008, 08:22
When did you start liking BSB and boyzone?

Umm, Led Zep had their own plane. Then Doobie Brothers had their Doobie Liner. ;) Oh, the seventies, when everything was larger than everything else!

wmcot
11th February 2008, 21:59
Umm, Led Zep had their own plane. Then Doobie Brothers had their Doobie Liner. ;) Oh, the seventies, when everything was larger than everything else!

So did Lynyrd Skynyrd and Buddie Holly but let's not get into that...