PDA

View Full Version : FA$2m

seppefan
6th February 2008, 16:31
Can anyone confirm 100% that ChampCar is or is not paying out the $2m to Perera ? Thanks.

SoCalPVguy
6th February 2008, 17:53
Can anyone confirm 100% that ChampCar is or is not paying out the $2m to Perera ? Thanks.

And while we are at it, Can anyone confirm 100% that ChampCar did not pay out the 2007 prize money?

These two items may be linked to the current financial situation and whatever shape that may be in.

BobGarage
6th February 2008, 18:12
the only mentions of CC paying Perera the $2mil were posts on forums.
There has been no mention that that would occur from CC at all.

I don;t see why it would occur. The rules state the champion gets the $2mil to put towards a CC ride. He has forgone that. No-where else does it state that it then goes down to the #2.

Personally i think the $2 million should just be fed back down to the general 2008 prize fund for CCA.

sanguin
6th February 2008, 18:30
And while we are at it, Can anyone confirm 100% that ChampCar did not pay out the 2007 prize money?

I think the fact that no one else has any proof of this and the fact that the teams are all still in CC is proof enough it was nothing.

Dr. Krogshöj
6th February 2008, 18:56

I can. This is from the official press release.

“This is a great moment and opportunity for me to be joining the Champ Car World Series with a team like Conquest Racing,” said Perera. “I want to again thank both Eric and Anthony Blumberg for believing in my ability. Even though we had our eye on part of the $2 million team scholarship, I am very grateful to my managers at CJMotorsport who were still able to put together a deal for me without it. I can’t wait for the upcoming test in Laguna Seca to get back behind the wheel again and continue my preparation for Long Beach .”

seppefan
7th February 2008, 13:06
the only mentions of CC paying Perera the $2mil were posts on forums.
There has been no mention that that would occur from CC at all.

I don;t see why it would occur. The rules state the champion gets the $2mil to put towards a CC ride. He has forgone that. No-where else does it state that it then goes down to the #2.

Personally i think the $2 million should just be fed back down to the general 2008 prize fund for CCA.

OK thats fine but I just hope the cash is there to assist either series.