PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl

Chaparral66
4th February 2008, 22:38
Look, folks, I know this is a racing forum, but in the Chit-chat room, anything goes, right? OK, I'll say it here:

GO GIANTS!! WOO-HOO!!

Now, bring on the Daytona 500...

wedge
4th February 2008, 23:26
One of the best Superbowls ever!

Everyone says it was all down to Spagnulo but it was team effort.

Eli Manning being Eli Manning, we saw what was good and bad with the guy, he had confidence to throw bombs all day even though he looked pretty stupid doing it halfway into the game but when stepped up to the plate he delivered, just like with his bro Peyton last year.

Valve Bounce
5th February 2008, 01:12
The last time I saw anything that thrilled me like that was Joe Montana's famous come from behind Superbowl win. :up:

Chaparral66
5th February 2008, 05:23
Nice to see such an international response, guys. That was a great game, a classic. I'm ready for racing now. :D

Drew
5th February 2008, 15:21
I'm not a keen fan on American Football, but I cought the last 4 minutes and have to say, I feel sorry for the time keeper :p :

Storm
5th February 2008, 15:46
I hate American Football ...but I did see the last half n hour and so and it was exciting end and the underdogs won..especially liked the high catch someone took just before their TD.

libra65
5th February 2008, 20:25
I was so happy NY won. I am by no means a Giants fan but I am so sick of NE and that pretty boy Brady. The coach seems like a real jerk/sore loser too.

millencolin
5th February 2008, 22:08
good work giants! talk about a thriller! i missed the actual game (cause its on monday morning here... some of us have to work :p : ) but Sbs replayed the whole game at 11pm. Which was good cause they edited out all the wasted time between plays.

but im stoked the giants won. I'm also getting sick of New England

Chaparral66
13th February 2008, 05:41
good work giants! talk about a thriller! i missed the actual game (cause its on monday morning here... some of us have to work :p : ) but Sbs replayed the whole game at 11pm. Which was good cause they edited out all the wasted time between plays.

but im stoked the giants won. I'm also getting sick of New England

Dude, I live here and I'm sick of New England Patriots kool-aid; that's why this Super Bowl is the sweetest of all the Giants wins I have seen. Glad to see all of you Down Under saw the game and hopefully enjoyed it as much as we did.

Placid
17th February 2008, 03:06
For 1 moment, I thought that the Patriots had the game in the bag with 2:42 in the game and said: "That is it." All of a sudden, the Giants marched and Eli escape after escape finally found the end zone. This is the Super Bowl of the ages.

maxu05
17th February 2008, 03:43
Superbowl, best Chinese food in Sydney. Small restaurant, but the food is divine. :D

Chaparral66
17th February 2008, 08:35
For 1 moment, I thought that the Patriots had the game in the bag with 2:42 in the game and said: "That is it." All of a sudden, the Giants marched and Eli escape after escape finally found the end zone. This is the Super Bowl of the ages.

That pass from Eli Manning tp David Tyree, where Manning escaped the grasp of 3 Pats linemen to throw it and have tyree make that circus catch, that may have been the most spectacular play in Super Bowl history. Then Manning to Buress to win it. Sweet!!