PDA

View Full Version : Takes one to know one.

A.F.F.
1st February 2008, 19:17
Snow blizzard here in southern Finland. Lot of snow and slippery. So slippery that while coming from work I practised my Scandinavian flicks in every turn I made to home. It was quite fun because due to amount of snow, it was easy to throw your car even the speed wasn't partically high, actually way below the regulations. What I didn't know, a police car disguised as sivilian car followed me for some time. Finally they pulled me over. The policeman said they had a bet with his partner that either I'm drunk or I have parkinsons. They tested my alcohol level but because I was very sober, they gave me a warning and said I shouldn't do turns like that in traffic. I said I'm sorry but and apparently I got carried away because Rally Sweden is about to come. Then the policeman had a wide smile and he said; "indeed." and started laughing and wished me a safe trip to home :D

Rallyfans are everywhere. :)

Erki
1st February 2008, 19:30
Some snow here too, but still not really much. It's fricking February already and the "winter" here has been quite literally snow-less. I better hope February has lots of good snow, and then March would be a nice springtime with flooded rivers. :cool:

anthonyvop
1st February 2008, 21:35
Snow?
What is Snow?

A.F.F.
1st February 2008, 22:36
I incorrectly thought it was Ted Kennedy's dandruff but apparently it's frozen water :s

janneppi
2nd February 2008, 10:49
It was pretty slippery today also, and with deep tracks it was rather unpleasant at times to maintain a straight line, it seems Plow King was taking a day off this morning.
But the as the responsible driver that I am, I didn't fool around in traffic as some Other Flying Finn. ;)

Daniel
2nd February 2008, 12:38
It was pretty slippery today also, and with deep tracks it was rather unpleasant at times to maintain a straight line, it seems Plow King was taking a day off this morning.
But the as the responsible driver that I am, I didn't fool around in traffic as some Other Flying Finn. ;)
You need Mr Plow then :p

http://www.blogdelossimpson.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/200px-mr_plow.gif

Janneppi. You need a Paasonen edition Skoda Octavia to be able to do those sort of things :) Not a Civic ;)

A.F.F.
2nd February 2008, 13:32
Janneppi. You need a Paasonen edition Skoda Octavia to be able to do those sort of things :) Not a Civic ;)

Exactly brother Daniel. Not to mention Cresent.

Besides, scandinavian flicks are skilled and highly controlled car maneuvers, not irresponsible driving :p :

janneppi
2nd February 2008, 19:02
Yeah, and a handbrake is used only to hold the car in place while parking. :p :

A.F.F.
2nd February 2008, 19:11
Who's using a handbreak when you got a left foot? ;)

Magnus
2nd February 2008, 19:16
Nice little story AFF!

Easy Drifter
2nd February 2008, 19:35
Another weekend, another storm. 9 inches last night. Half of our parking lot is covered with snow and nowhere to put it. Like 6 to 7 feet high. The front end loader can't get it higher! Driving a 3/4 ton GMC van with General All (No) Weather tires is great fun. Lose that sucker and you are buried real deep. It also will get stuck on a snowflake.

Erki
3rd February 2008, 12:00
I really have to go and check out my Pug Boxer's dynamics. Had to really hustle yesterday and at times went maybe a bit too fast. :\ All in all, good, cake was there 5 minutes before the party started. :D