PDA

View Full Version : Just how fast do joke texts come out ??

Spoonbender
31st January 2008, 16:38
As you may have read in an earlier post, Jeremy Beadle died about 9'oclock last night. At about 9'oclock this morning, my phone is going mad with a brace of sick and twisted jokes about him and his passing. It's as if theres a think tank of people, getting ready to pounce on celebrities at deaths door. They also give you an uneasy feeling, coz you know you shouldn't find them funny, then you laugh out loud and the wife says "whats that" you reply "oh, nothing"
Can you name any other celebrities who fell in to the clutches of the joke txt the moment they popped their cloggs ??

Brown, Jon Brow
31st January 2008, 16:54
I found The Sun headline to be a bit distasteful

'Beadles not about'

:rolleyes:

RIP

Drew
31st January 2008, 22:58
There are jokes for everything and everyone. The killing of the prostitutes in Ipswich, Princess Diana, 9/11 and so on and so on, it's just the way it is.

The only joke I've heard about Beadle, I knew beforehand anyway.

Rollo
1st February 2008, 03:15
:up:

MrJan
1st February 2008, 13:49
I was hearing jokes about Steve Irwin before I even knew the bloke was dead. I couldn't work out what was funny about his favourite kids TV show being Stingray.

Bezza
2nd February 2008, 00:56
Aye, the Steve Irwin one must have been quickest. I was emailed a picture of Hugh Edwards of BBC News looking at a screen with Troy Tempest (from the puppet show Stingray) and the headline "Stingray kills Irwin".

It was a visual joke, you had to laugh because its a natural reaction.