PDA

View Full Version : The Good Old days

VXRDartford
31st January 2008, 11:28
I was just sorting out my loft when I came across some copies of the Touring Car magazine that was produced in the late 1990's It was only around for about 5 issues. Does anyone else remember it?

I also found an issue of Autosport from 1998 where touring cars got 2 pages of news those were the days you are now luck to find 2 articles!!

It shows that even though the BTCC is in my opinion is almost as good as it was in the super touring car age I don't think it is getting as much publicity and press coverage as it used to even though it is just as popular

Brown, Jon Brow
31st January 2008, 17:06
I have a BBC Touring car magazine from 1999?

vx1054
31st January 2008, 17:23
I remember and still have copies of Super Touring Magazine, it ran for 10 issues, April 95 to Jan 96. Was a great magazine, so much information on all the Touring Car Series from all over the world, great interviews and great pics!

Also the BBC did a season preview until 99, and there was Touring Car Racing and Touring Car Worldwide which both covered the 97 season.

WSRfan82
1st February 2008, 19:47
its funny that becuase ive just found the season preview of 94 season with the toca shot out at the end of it. god that brought back some memorys

AndySpeed
15th June 2008, 23:36
Resurrection of an old thread.

If anyone has any old copies of either Touring Car Racing or Touring Car Worldwide (or indeed any touring car magazine other than Super Touring) then please contact me as I'm looking to buy. Thanks.